Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-22-2018, 06:36 PM   #211
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
Why wait. It’s Incredible.
Because some of us have been in the game long enough to know that it's pointless to tie up money, interest-free, for something that can easily be ordered when it arrives in stock a year from now. PO'ing day one is not going to get me the piece any faster either.

That said, I understand the philosophy of 'set it and forget it', but I just keep tabs on the statues I want through the forums, youtube, etc, instead of tying up money for no good reason.

For things that go to waitlist immediately, like the Batman Who Laughs, I'll get on it since there's no cost, and it indicates that a bit more urgency may be required, so I'll weigh that out against other pieces I want, but are destined to sit around and go on sale.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #212
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't usually do it myself, but the reason is pretty simple. Pieces that end up with a huge ES are a) usually available in-stock for a long time, often ending up with Sideshow deals like double rewards, 10% off or free shipping and b) often cheaper to buy in the aftermarket.

For example, right now there are three Prime 1 statues on Sideshow's site that have various deals including $75.00 off, 10% off WITH free shipping and the last with $50.00 off (one of these also only has an ES of 350 LOL).
this...

even Prime 1 discounted some EX's for 15-25% off, which is just insane to me...the market for 1/3 statues isn't as big as the 1/4 that's for sure

we won't see a statue in hand for at least 16-18 months and they don't even know how many they are making...literally 0 incentive to order no matter how great the statue

not saying order now is a terrible idea, those who want it will order it and i get it
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #213
Sandman585
Hydra

I couldn’t wait. I had rewards. Had to lock it in. Appreciate all the strategy though in ordering. Here’s to a magnificent statue.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:11 PM   #214
MegatronG1
The X-Men

100% in that case. I have some store credit from cancelations I need to burn through.

I'll sit this one out for now though.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:33 PM   #215
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Because some of us have been in the game long enough to know that it's pointless to tie up money, interest-free, for something that can easily be ordered when it arrives in stock a year from now. PO'ing day one is not going to get me the piece any faster either.

That said, I understand the philosophy of 'set it and forget it', but I just keep tabs on the statues I want through the forums, youtube, etc, instead of tying up money for no good reason.

For things that go to waitlist immediately, like the Batman Who Laughs, I'll get on it since there's no cost, and it indicates that a bit more urgency may be required, so I'll weigh that out against other pieces I want, but are destined to sit around and go on sale.
Oh man this is just A+ right here. I know it isn't earth shattering but in this hobby it is groundbreaking to realize just this. This needs to be plastered on the front page of this forum and required reading for every member to keep their membership.

We've all d1@ked ourselves over enough with this preorder nonsense. Truly the tide is changing.

If a company can't withstand to risk that a statue will fly off the shelves by the time of release then, well is it worth getting made? If a company's management can't take the risk why should we as customers?

Statue companies have literally figured out a way to shift the all the risk to consumers.
Let businessmen risk their capital and risk their investment for ya know THEIR OWN BUSINESS.
How oh 99% of every other consumer product is produced...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:42 PM   #216
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Oh man this is just A+ right here. I know it isn't earth shattering but in this hobby it is groundbreaking to realize just this. This needs to be plastered on the front page of this forum and required reading for every member to keep their membership.

We've all d1@ked ourselves over enough with this preorder nonsense. Truly the tide is changing.

If a company can't withstand to risk that a statue will fly off the shelves by the time of release then, well is it worth getting made? If a company's management can't take the risk why should we as customers?

Statue companies have literally figured out a way to shift the all the risk to consumers.
Let businessmen risk their capital and risk their investment for ya know THEIR OWN BUSINESS.
I don’t follow you. No one is forcing you to order anything. What exactly are you risking?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:30 AM   #217
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm not down with the waiting around in the hope that'll get a good deal. I don't have the patience for it and that deal may never come.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:38 AM   #218
Glencairn
The Spirit

Very tempting but I promised myself not to preorder P1 statues, so much can happen during long delay filled wait, also Prime 1 is pumping out new Batman's every month so I would change my mind many times.
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:40 AM   #219
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This is a very beautiful statue. The deluxe is a must buy that base is just too big.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #220
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
These are all very emotional and non-essential purchases. You do make a great point though. If they want my deposit then tell me what I'm buying and how many of them you are making. Don't hedge your bets at my expense.

Put the collectible back in collectibles.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote