Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-21-2018, 04:01 PM   #21
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
ALL the predator movies are bad ALL OF THEM. The first one is the only exception. I think people have convinced themselves that these movies are better than they really are. The thing that kept the predator franchise alive for merchandising is the cool looking monster and their connection to ALIEN. With this fugitive predator statue Prime 1 has delivered a cool looking monster statue in great quality.

while I enjoyed Prometheus and covenant EVEN the alien movies aren't really that great anymore only the trilogy is great. So i wouldn't let a lackluster movie put me off of a great statue and if you like this statue i suggest you look pass any misgiving you may have had about the movie.
Agreed. These movies have been primarily popcorn flicks, with great creature effects. Predator collectibles are a celebration of Stan Winston more than any individual movie IMO. The creature in all its incarnations remains the product of Winston and his team.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #22
Python
Omega Red

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:30 PM   #23
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

I'll have to use a strong soap to get off this movie from me. I feel like I swin in a pool of dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Agreed. These movies have been primarily popcorn flicks, with great creature effects. Predator collectibles are a celebration of Stan Winston more than any individual movie IMO. The creature in all its incarnations remains the product of Winston and his team.
This design has 0 to nothing to do with the Stan Winston's designs lineage. I say designs in plural, I remind that his studio made 14 different predators for the movies (1+1+12 at the P2's ending).

The only new design who respected that lineage is the Wolf Predator, instructed by the directors (yes I've seen the AVPR making of, not the most proud thing I've done in my lifetime).

This new shiny and chrome predator is in shadows all the movie so you can't really appreciate how poop it is I don't know where was ADI's head here. At least the AVP armored preds had some appeal...
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:00 PM   #24
Ezhil
Mephisto

This pred has hair in each dreads .Also it looks similar to jungle hunter face
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #25
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
I'll have to use a strong soap to get off this movie from me. I feel like I swin in a pool of dirt

This design has 0 to nothing to do with the Stan Winston's designs lineage. I say designs in plural, I remind that his studio made 14 different predators for the movies (1+1+12 at the P2's ending).

The only new design who respected that lineage is the Wolf Predator, instructed by the directors (yes I've seen the AVPR making of, not the most proud thing I've done in my lifetime).

This new shiny and chrome predator is in shadows all the movie so you can't really appreciate how poop it is I don't know where was ADI's head here. At least the AVP armored preds had some appeal...
“0 to nothing” is an interseting absolute sort of statemnt. Your proposition is without Stan Winston, they would have arrived at this design on their own? Hopefully they didn't have to pay any franchise fees then. If yes, you should help them get it back.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:35 AM   #26
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Only a matter of time before the Jungle Hunter is revealed.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:05 AM   #27
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
“0 to nothing” is an interseting absolute sort of statemnt. Your proposition is without Stan Winston, they would have arrived at this design on their own? Hopefully they didn't have to pay any franchise fees then. If yes, you should help them get it back.
What are you talking about? I don't understand a thing.

Seriously guys if you like this statue don't go to see the movie. Don't go to see it anyways. Luckly my brain has erased most of it after 8 sleep hours.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:32 AM   #28
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
What are you talking about? I don't understand a thing.
Dijiste que el diseño no tenÃ-a nada que ver con el de Winston. Con ello das a entender que los de ADI podrÃ-an haber acabado haciéndolo por su cuenta sin haber visto nunca nada del trabajo de Stan, y por tanto él espera que no hayan pagado nada por los derechos y que, en caso contrario, les ayudes a que les devuelvan el dinero, puesto que según lo que afirmas no se basaron en absoluto en el diseño original.

Básicamente la coña viene de la expresión que usaste, que deberÃ-a haber sido "next to nothing" para expresar que poco tenÃ-a que ver; "0 to nothing" es redundante. ;-)
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:08 AM   #29
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Seriously guys if you like this statue don't go to see the movie. Don't go to see it anyways. Luckly my brain has erased most of it after 8 sleep hours.
You might want to keep in mind the fact that some of us actually enjoyed the film.

On that note, I'm going to see it a second time today.
Xenoburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #30
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
You might want to keep in mind the fact that some of us actually enjoyed the film.

On that note, I'm going to see it a second time today.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote