Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
arcademaniac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If PCS knows what it takes to launch a statue... why accumulates preorders?

I love PCS and SF line. I only collect this....

But I think PCS should shorten the time between a preorder and the launch. Until now I have 8 preorders and with honda will be 10 (I always try to buy both ex versions). I´m sure will be another before the end of the year. And Dhalsim do not arrives....and I´m not counting the busts and MK statues....

I think PCS is the manufacturer that takes more time for launch the statues. The wait period is insane. The estimate ship date is always too optimistic.

I know the reason is PCS don't have the infrastructure to go faster but then I think they have to go quieter making preorders. Why go faster?? all the preorders are sold out in a few minutes. Improves the infraestructure and make the preorder when you can make the launch 6 months later, for example that is a reasonable period.

Seems to be very difficult to get Balrog, Gouken, Ryu and Honda in the same year. Would be incredible but I´m sure some of them will go to mid 2016 or more if PCS don´t changes their strategy. I think wait 1,5 to 2 years for a statue and pay for it with that advance is excessive.
arcademaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Just like everyone PCS has bills to pay. And if they go dormant we will complain about a lack of new products. I think PCS does just fine with their po's. Are there things that can improve with PCS ? Yes of course one thing I do wish they would improve is their website it would be nice if you could log into your account to better track your po's.
dr.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I have noticed PCS being different that other companies out there.

Cons:
Smaller ES might make is harder to get one.
Timeframe seems longer than most companies.
Customer Service seems slower due to their size.

Pros:
Smaller ES size make their products a lot cooler to have. As there are not 1000+ of each piece being made.
While Customer Service is slower, the quality of customer service seems better, as they will eventually get to you and actually treat you like a customer and not another number.
PCS licenses seems to more unique than most other companies.

I know they are starting DC license now, but how many others out there do DC, Marvel, etc. Then how many try to do MK, SF, MotU, ThunderCats, etc.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #4
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

I would also like to decrease the time between pre-order and ship.

For the past couple years we have been using the factories estimated ship date but Ive now learned my lesson and I am adding a few months to that. They are always wrong.

If you see recent pre-orders have a ship date 1 year out and even then we try to keep it only specific to the quarter, not a specific month.

This, I hope, leads to less delays.

having said that, there will always be some items that turn out to be way more complicated than we thought they would be. The Skeletor Bust is one of those.

its a nightmare to make. Very difficult. Of course the end product is going to be amazing.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #5
arcademaniac

Thanks for the answer
Old 09-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
EpochFanatics
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The real roblem is not the delay of delevry between but the bussness of many re-seller who pre-order all new PCS collectibles just for increased the price and re-sell it on the bay or other resale website for making money. It's not a problem for me to wait one year after a pre-order but PCS need to block all fake count who buy more than 2 statue and guarantee to true fan the possibility to get the statue at a real value.
For many European buyer it's very hard to get a PCS statue due to the pre-order openning time (from France it's allways in the middle of the night), the shipping fees who are very expensive and in last the custom fees who strike all collector.
I hope one day PCS will reserved a limited quantity for European resident.
EpochFanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #7
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

They know (and have) what it takes to launch a great product!

If the turnaround time could be held to NO LONGER than 12 months (ideally 9-12).

And

A major overhaul (improvement) in the customer service section (Jerry promises this is coming).

Those two items alone would propel PCS from a B+ (Sometimes A) company to an A+++!

Q/C could also use a bit of attention, but iirc Jerry said he has an employee go to China now to check over things.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
Drakull
Sailor Moon

arcademaniac I can understand your feeling, I got the same, now I only PO with deposit

But to be realistic, 6 months is not possible for good quality statue to me made and shipped
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:36 AM   #9
arcademaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakull View Post
arcademaniac I can understand your feeling, I got the same, now I only PO with deposit

But to be realistic, 6 months is not possible for good quality statue to me made and shipped
Yes I have some paid in full but now I'm preordening with deposito too.
I understand Perhaps 6 months is too short. Was only a example. The real question is that PCS should make a new preorder when some of the previous are shipped. I think Balrog should be shipped before the Honda preorder...at least.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #10
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochFanatics View Post
The real roblem is not the delay of delevry between but the bussness of many re-seller who pre-order all new PCS collectibles just for increased the price and re-sell it on the bay or other resale website for making money. It's not a problem for me to wait one year after a pre-order but PCS need to block all fake count who buy more than 2 statue and guarantee to true fan the possibility to get the statue at a real value.
For many European buyer it's very hard to get a PCS statue due to the pre-order openning time (from France it's allways in the middle of the night), the shipping fees who are very expensive and in last the custom fees who strike all collector.
I hope one day PCS will reserved a limited quantity for European resident.

Is that all? Yeah, good luck with all that.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote