Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-26-2019, 02:09 PM   #551
FJC
Midnighter

I know once I get a few more characters I need, I'm out. I've lost almost all interest in what sideshow is releasing nowadays. With so many rehashes and sideshowified costumes (to go along with spiking prices), I hardly ever get excited about any new Sideshow pieces anymore.

The only thing that could reignite my interest in this hobby is if Sideshow gets their exclusive North American distribution rights from Marvel and DC taken away. If P1, IS, XM, and other companies could release 1/4 Marvel and DC statues in the US....then it's game on and I'd have so much more to look forward to.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #552
jmason0122
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My interest in statue collecting is at an all time high, but I feel that I do not need to keep purchasing. I used to think that more is better, but now I just want a couple stand out pieces to show off my love for comics/fantasy.
After I receive my Hulk Transformation from XM Studios, I just need a Silver Surfer statue and I think I’m good.
jmason0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:23 PM   #553
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

One of the key things that has helped this statue explosion is buying on credit and supplier/manufacturer finance options. That mean your credit card and payment plans. Now you can get into that new shiny statue with that low monthly payment and why not stack 2 or 3 each month? The phone companies were smart about this to switch their phone subsidies to monthly finance. Did many people notice that a few years back they were saving $200-$300 on a phone with those contracts now to be replaced by full price but hey we'll help you finance it. GM helped to invent buying on credit for cars although it's been around a long time.

Here is an interesting read if you have time for education.

http://americanradioworks.publicradi...ndream/b1.html

We are all slaves to our vices. Your shat owns you. Have a nice day.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #554
FJC
Midnighter

It's mainly the X-MEN that are keeping me in this hobby for the years to come. I just need Flash and Martian Manhunter to close out my JL llineup and an awesome classic Cap to close out my Avengers lineup. However, I'm woefully short of finishing off my X-MEN collection. I still need Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops in my X-MEN lineup.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:24 PM   #555
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Not all young adults are graduating college and moving back in with their parents. Two of my nieces graduated a few years ago and went straight into good jobs. Of my ten nieces and nephews, only one is still living with his parents.
when you say good job like $100k+ a year?

Do any of them collect statues? just curious…
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:46 PM   #556
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

I would classify that as a "GREAT" job.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:55 PM   #557
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

They don’t collect statues, but they do have disposable income that they spend on their own hobbies, mostly travel.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:20 PM   #558
Mister H
Gen 13

Still waiting for a great Batman and Deathstroke in 1/4 scale. They would look fantastic with my Punisher, Dredd, War Machine and the upcoming Endgame Cap holding Mjolnir. (Can’t wait for that to come out) I’ve found that I like movie/realistic sculpts in 1/4 scale and a comic accurate style for 1/6 and smaller. That could change with the right sculpt though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:20 PM   #559
AkumaParallax
Fantastic Four

i make over 150k less then than 250k. And this hobby is expensive for me lol. I only get 2 statues a year because I can't really afford more. Been collecting for 4 years and have maybe 40 1/4 pieces currently with a mix of smaller stuff scattered throughout my hobby room
AkumaParallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:53 PM   #560
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaParallax View Post
i make over 150k less then than 250k. And this hobby is expensive for me lol. I only get 2 statues a year because I can't really afford more. Been collecting for 4 years and have maybe 40 1/4 pieces currently with a mix of smaller stuff scattered throughout my hobby room

? So $250k - (>$150k) = <$100k...I’m not sure what you’re saying. And if you have 40+ statues over 4 years that’s an average 10 statues per year...not 2.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote