Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #3611
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Another one to remove from the statue bench press and curl rotation.

Seriously though, what a great sculpt - and if the paint apps are there, stop caring what it is made of!

I've got pieces made from Resin, PVC, Porcelain, ABS, Polystone, Polyresin...know what *most* people say when they look at pieces? "That paint work/sculpt sucks" or "that paint work/sculpt is great" not "that looks like PVC to me!"
Even though I may disagree with you regarding weight and the materials used (more specifically WHERE a company may use said material) and that I don't like PVC and fiberglass, I like how your represent your case about no worries on the weight.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:19 PM   #3612
AdamTheAnimal
Fantastic Four

All of the Court pieces coming out with this great alternative display option...the masks!

I wish Sideshow released a mask/alternate head(one like the OG or even a different design) for Demithyle.
AdamTheAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #3613
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'd just say wait for him to release.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to risk a grand on them getting this right and if they do he'll 100% be in stock for you to pick him up.

As for him fitting in the COTD world....i think he does, when you hear the backstory and how Gethsemoni created him to be the ultimate champion and he was made basically to fight Celestials....it's pretty ----ing cool.

I just don't personally like the design, i would have much rather something clad in armour but he's Flesh Faction so it totally makes sense...

Ravlatch now please.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #3614
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTheAnimal View Post
All of the Court pieces coming out with this great alternative display option...the masks!

I wish Sideshow released a mask/alternate head(one like the OG or even a different design) for Demithyle.
Yeah really think they could make a ton of money if they offered a mask for some older statues like Demithyle and maybe even alternate heads, I would buy them
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:38 AM   #3615
Thor57
Teen Titans

It may be my bias, but I don’t see how Odium doesn’t fit the theme as I’ve seen some say. I mean, yeah, he’s not a skeleton, so there’s that. But Galaverbe is a naga, woman, thing. Shard is a human, Death looks like a mummy necromancer, and Avarkus is, who knows what the hell he is. A zombie? Odium is a big Frankenstein monster made from a character who also has a statue titled shaper of flesh. So it fits. They’re all kind of unique.

But to me, that’s kind of what draws me to this line. Yeah, Tom and SS are crafting lore and a story, but to be honest, as long as these continue to look great, I can craft my own story. Maybe they’re generic Everquest/D&D/Warcraft dungeon mobs? Maybe you go with the Courts theme. I was messing with a non collector fiend the other day and I told him Mortighull, Xiall, Poxxil and Odium all we’re artistic recreations of Jamie Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Qyburn and the Mountain after they were sent to hell. He believed it cause why wouldn’t he haha.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:38 AM   #3616
Thor57
Teen Titans

Double post.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:45 AM   #3617
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
It may be my bias, but I don’t see how Odium doesn’t fit the theme as I’ve seen some say. I mean, yeah, he’s not a skeleton, so there’s that. But Galaverbe is a naga, woman, thing. Shard is a human, Death looks like a mummy necromancer, and Avarkus is, who knows what the hell he is. A zombie? Odium is a big Frankenstein monster made from a character who also has a statue titled shaper of flesh. So it fits. They’re all kind of unique.

But to me, that’s kind of what draws me to this line. Yeah, Tom and SS are crafting lore and a story, but to be honest, as long as these continue to look great, I can craft my own story. Maybe they’re generic Everquest/D&D/Warcraft dungeon mobs? Maybe you go with the Courts theme. I was messing with a non collector fiend the other day and I told him Mortighull, Xiall, Poxxil and Odium all we’re artistic recreations of Jamie Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Qyburn and the Mountain after they were sent to hell. He believed it cause why wouldn’t he haha.
I agree with you, the fact this line is so diverse is what makes me love it, I dont want all the characters to just be skeletons, hoping for the Angel's and demons next, and this is a horror/fantasy line, so of course there will be similarities to other stuff, but I still feel this is one of the coolest most unique bunch of characters I've seen, which is why I'm willing to spend so much money on the statues, and as for game of thrones, I would have liked premium formats of that show, but unfortunately that stupid ending with tree boy as king ruined that show for me
Old 06-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #3618
Valderen
The Spirit

I think Odium definitely fit the Court of the Dead theme.

I think he doesn't fit very well with the other statues because he's in a very action pose, while the others are mostly museum pose. He would sort of stand because of that.

Other than that though, he screams CotD to me.

I'm just sad he's too expensive for me.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #3619
Atlantisatdawn

Well Odiums payment plan is only offered up to 5 payments, not 8 like they usually are, I'm assuming that means they have already began the process of making him, I'm gonna go ahead and pre order him and if I get a delay notice in Nov or Dec I'm gonna be very unhappy
Old 06-27-2019, 07:10 PM   #3620
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Feels like DC Doomsday and Marvels Juggie is a little over priced when it compared to this scale
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote