Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #1211
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I'm all in so far for the SP line. If they start cranking them out 2 a month I will have to drop out. No way I can afford $600 a month on top of anything else that may catch my eye.
Not trying to be smart or argue but how did you came up with 2 per month from my comment?
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #1212
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Not trying to be smart or argue but how did you came up with 2 per month from my comment?
Sorry, I just quoted you and not the quote you quoted from CapTrenchcoat. I forgot to do a multi quote to agree with you both.

I see that others are asking for 2 a month to be released. I think that is a bad idea with the current workload that Chad has going on already.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #1213
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Sorry, I just quoted you and not the quote you quoted from CapTrenchcoat. I forgot to do a multi quote to agree with you both.

I see that others are asking for 2 a month to be released. I think that is a bad idea with the current workload that Chad has going on already.
I agree with you 100%. For me 6 per year SP and 4 per year of the new line is ideal.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #1214
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. For me 6 per year SP and 4 per year of the new line is ideal.
Are you generally collecting the entire SP line, or are there specific sublines in SP that you are after?

If you are not just collecting mostly everything SP and just after certain groups, what if none of the 6 in that year fit into what you are collecting? Would you consider that to be a welcome year off from TH purchases, or would that be an issue?

I guess what I'm getting at is, when you say 6 SP and 4 other, do you mean that's how many you want to buy, or how many you think they should make even if you don't want any of them?
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #1215
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Are you generally collecting the entire SP line, or are there specific sublines in SP that you are after?

If you are not just collecting mostly everything SP and just after certain groups, what if none of the 6 in that year fit into what you are collecting? Would you consider that to be a welcome year off from TH purchases, or would that be an issue?

I guess what I'm getting at is, when you say 6 SP and 4 other, do you mean that's how many you want to buy, or how many you think they should make even if you don't want any of them?
Well this is how many I could buy and I think this is how many TH should make. I’m fine with waiting longer for a piece that I want. For me the journey is just as satisfying as the “final stop”. I really enjoy getting to know all of the people in this community as we wait and speculate on what’s next.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #1216
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Well this is how many I could buy and I think this is how many TH should make. I’m fine with waiting longer for a piece that I want. For me the journey is just as satisfying as the “final stop”. I really enjoy getting to know all of the people in this community as we wait and speculate on what’s next.

I generally agree that the ride is fun, I just get nervous of teams not getting completed when they get dragged out too long because no matter how enjoyable the ride is, I still do want to have what I consider to be a 'complete' collection. I've seen it so many times in other lines from other companies that change art direction/scale/price/just end a line out of nowhere/or go out of business before the 'journey' is complete.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:35 PM   #1217
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post

I generally agree that the ride is fun, I just get nervous of teams not getting completed when they get dragged out too long because no matter how enjoyable the ride is, I still do want to have what I consider to be a 'complete' collection. I've seen it so many times in other lines from other companies that change art direction/scale/price/just end a line out of nowhere/or go out of business before the 'journey' is complete.
Well I cannot argue that. Chad has a very hard task of finding the sweet spot between too much and not enough.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #1218
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

I am so excited about Zatanna I just hope that the details are perfect.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 12-14-2020 at 05:40 PM.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:27 PM   #1219
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

It's been over a week since SDCC. How about those updates about replacement pieces?
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #1220
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
I am so excited about Zatanna I just hope that the details are perfect.
This is the exact look I’m hoping for too.

Not sure of the “disco” Phantom Stranger in that pic though. Lol
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote