Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #2551
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Also the back plastic level on mine seems awkward, so my base leaned back easily. A simple dot level took care of it. I just didnt want to go through the hassle of returning.
The statue is unbalanced. She leans/falls over easily forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Anyone know if the power chord works in Europe with adaptor?
That's my question too...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #2552
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
The statue is unbalanced. She leans/falls over easily forwards.
Mine doesn't.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #2553
Augen
Metal Men

No balance issues on mine either.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:52 PM   #2554
French Cancan
Deadman

Well...After looking more closely under the base, the small black plastic peg (below the tip top of the staircase) was not glued sufficiently to the edge of the base. I can fix that, by adding another peg at the right place...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #2555
schachi08
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Anyone know if the power chord works in Europe with adaptor?
Yes, it does. It is a multi voltage power adapter 100-240V, 50/60 Hz.
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:36 PM   #2556
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Could you elaborate? Was she a hype purchase or do you genuinely like the character?

i only ask because sometimes I find myself searching for something to buy just because there's that collector's addict itch.

No it wasnt a hype buy. I do like the character and I thought,and pointed out here, that there was a resemblance to Monica Bellucci (a fav of mine going back to the mid 90s) -- which is a plus. I was a big fan of George Perez run back in the late 80s. Id PO'd it last year and actually cancelled when early pics showed the piece to be problematic.

The bottom of the plug adapter seems to press/compress against he table the base sits on. Maybe should have made the insert a bit higher.

The paint job on mine is really good. The lasso and hands took some time to get right so the hands wouldnt pop off. I was wondering if its just that I received it during a arctic blast and the statue was cold (it was really cold when I opened it up)... but again the magnet connections dont seem as solid as some of their other statues Ive gotten recently. Hands seems slightly wobbly.

Despite nitpicks above... I do think its a nice statue. Pretty easily the best WW Ive seen. The room I have it in usually gets lower light, which complments it ALOT (opposed to having it somewhere thats blasted by bright sunlight all day). Again, friends who saw it this weekend, casual Marvel movie viewers and the like, really liked it and said it was a cool looking piece ( a couple of them smiled at the placement of one of her undies stars )

I just think the Joker and Thor are a bit more dynamic is all. Im interested in both but havent pulled the trigger on either yet.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:29 PM   #2557
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
My WW arrived today... my copy is really well executed, and as for the infamous eye misalignment I can barely notice any on mine. This is my first 1/4 scale WW, and I'm definitely happy to have this version of her. Here are my hero shots - enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
Thank you guys! Here are a few bonus shots of her with more dramatic lighting... And I appreciate more and more how brilliant she is - I agree this is one of Sideshow's best IMO.
Wow! Your pics make me wanna get her! However, I will have to enjoy everyone's pics since I'm not a big enough fan to shell out the money for this piece.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #2558
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
No it wasnt a hype buy. I do like the character and I thought,and pointed out here, that there was a resemblance to Monica Bellucci (a fav of mine going back to the mid 90s) -- which is a plus. I was a big fan of George Perez run back in the late 80s. Id PO'd it last year and actually cancelled when early pics showed the piece to be problematic.

The bottom of the plug adapter seems to press/compress against he table the base sits on. Maybe should have made the insert a bit higher.

The paint job on mine is really good. The lasso and hands took some time to get right so the hands wouldnt pop off. I was wondering if its just that I received it during a arctic blast and the statue was cold (it was really cold when I opened it up)... but again the magnet connections dont seem as solid as some of their other statues Ive gotten recently. Hands seems slightly wobbly.

Despite nitpicks above... I do think its a nice statue. Pretty easily the best WW Ive seen. The room I have it in usually gets lower light, which complments it ALOT (opposed to having it somewhere thats blasted by bright sunlight all day). Again, friends who saw it this weekend, casual Marvel movie viewers and the like, really liked it and said it was a cool looking piece ( a couple of them smiled at the placement of one of her undies stars )

I just think the Joker and Thor are a bit more dynamic is all. Im interested in both but havent pulled the trigger on either yet.
Okay that's understandable. maybe you'll grow to appreciate her more. Yours looks really nice
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #2559
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I wanna say all my purchases are hype buys. I love all the characters. But there's something about the quality of the sculpt that draws me to them. For example the new SS Green Arrow, I am casual fan, but just seeing the quality of the statue, I p.o'd instantly! Same with Wonder Woman... I guess my personal guideline with buying is that I have to be blown away with the sculpt, rather than loving the character.
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #2560
nearmint
Phoenix

From Facebook...

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote