Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #731
Agent_J.Warren
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I can't believe how negative this thread is, I have this piece in hand and couldn't be more impressed. I thought he would be the size of Bane but it is noticeably bigger. He's just a monster of a statue in hand.
I'm not sure that it's negativity as much as it is concern. $1400 is a ton of money to spend. In my eyes it's all about what a piece means to the individual buying it, and whether they'll have a sense of satisfaction from their investment.

I collect statues with the intent of keeping them until I'm sick of moving with them, or until I die. Because of that, I'm concerned about how they hold up over time. Therefore I'm concerned about the material. These are all important factors to consider unless, well, you are flush with cash. And I have a feeling many of us are not that fortunate.

It is a cool looking statue though.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #732
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Is it really that bad? Does it actually look cheap in person? The pictures of it look good to me.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:07 PM   #733
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Is it really that bad? Does it actually look cheap in person? The pictures of it look good to me.
It’s probably more of a paradigm shift. We are so used to polystone having more weight, plastic/pvc is cheaper etc. (most of all action figures are made of pvc) so we perceive it’s a cheaper material. Honestly I don’t know. Maybe PVC is next phase for these statues? Sure it’s lighter and also not breakable, therefore better for shipping? I don’t own any PVC statues as of now. But like I mentioned before I really think the sculpt is really nice. I’m on a fence about ordering it because of the price.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #734
FJC
Midnighter

Cancel it and pick up the P1 Doomsday. Better overall statue and more bang for your buck. So what if it's 1/3 scale, Doomsday was always a large sized character in the comics. I doubt few would even notice a difference in scale.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #735
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think with this piece finally in collectors hands and several reviews available, people can make an informed decision. If you like it, buy it. Make your own happiness or mistakes. The rest of us will always have opinions and holes they come out of.

And of course I need to share my opinion. This is not a good value.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:26 PM   #736
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Cancel it and pick up the P1 Doomsday. Better overall statue and more bang for your buck. So what if it's 1/3 scale, Doomsday was always a large sized character in the comics. I doubt few would even notice a difference in scale.
Spot on. Doomsday is the centerpiece of my 1/4 collection and I intended for it to be as such knowing it was a 1/3 scale. No guests have said he looks out of place. He is a beast, afterall.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:54 PM   #737
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Spot on. Doomsday is the centerpiece of my 1/4 collection and I intended for it to be as such knowing it was a 1/3 scale. No guests have said he looks out of place. He is a beast, afterall.
Yep, he's the Centerpiece of mine as well. Currently, I have other Justice League Members in 1/4 Scale around him in a large display. He's truly a Beast and the display is the first thing people see when they walk into the room. Just waiting for the Flash and a dynamic Aquaman to finish it off.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:36 PM   #738
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Not looking to derail this thread, so you can find pic of my display with Doomsday on the P1 thread, post 452.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #739
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I can't believe how negative this thread is, I have this piece in hand and couldn't be more impressed. I thought he would be the size of Bane but it is noticeably bigger. He's just a monster of a statue in hand.
As long as you’re happy with the piece, that’s all that matters in the end.

I myself wouldn’t even touch this piece, but that’s more because of my own personal beliefs of what makes a statue, but putting that aside the statue isn’t all that bad.

And at the end of the day, I’m not even sure which of the two statues, Sideshow or Prime 1 is truly better value (today imo it’s Prime 1 as long as you never sell it), or rather which one will lose the collector less money in the event that they’ll need to sell the piece. As shipping is crazy nowadays etc.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #740
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Not looking to derail this thread, so you can find pic of my display with Doomsday on the P1 thread, post 452.
Yep, I remember your post. I also commented on that amazing setup you have BDogg! Truly inspiring!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote