Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #1041
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
What I'm talking about is what actually happened on screen...in the movie that was released. Hulk Buster punched the Hulk in the head one last time, and the next scene was Banner sitting on the floor of the QuinJet wrapped in a blanket. This would lead the average movie goer to believe that the Hulk Buster knocked the Hulk out, and he then changed back in to Banner. I honestly can't believe you're trying to argue about what you hypothesize happened off screen. The only proof of what happened is what we all saw, "on screen". We've had this conversation before. Unless you are one of the writers for this movie, "Avengers Age of Ultron", then your hypothesis is an opinion and nothing more. And, to say that it seems to you that people want to believe that they wrote Hulk Buster as the victor so they could have something to complain about it ridiculous. The sequence of events actually shown "IN THE MOVIE" is what lead me to believe that Hulk Buster knocked the Hulk out. I didn't make it up. It's what was shown on the movie screen.
It seems you'll only understand this simple concept if we define it in your very literal understanding of movie watching. So let's do that:

Did you see the Hulk KO'd on the ground after Stark punched him? Did any of the characters comment on how Banner was unconscious? Did anyone say "yo, you got knocked the f*** out"? Did anyone in the movie claim Hulkbuster was the victor? No. All the audience sees is a cut to black and then a time jump to the jet. So by your rules of movie watching you're little "KO" scenario is just as much a hypothesis as what I have suggested. Given what we know of the Hulk, his capabilities, movie editing, and the general understanding that they can't spell everything out to an audience given time restrictions... I believe my "hypothesis" just happens to make more sense.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:06 AM   #1042
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
It seems you'll only understand this simple concept if we define it in your very literal understanding of movie watching. So let's do that:

Did you see the Hulk KO'd on the ground after Stark punched him? Did any of the characters comment on how Banner was unconscious? Did anyone say "yo, you got knocked the f*** out"? Did anyone in the movie claim Hulkbuster was the victor? No. All the audience sees is a cut to black and then a time jump to the jet. So by your rules of movie watching you're little "KO" scenario is just as much a hypothesis as what I have suggested. Given what we know of the Hulk, his capabilities, movie editing, and the general understanding that they can't spell everything out to an audience given time restrictions... I believe my "hypothesis" just happens to make more sense.

The simple concept I understand is that if someone has a different opinion than you, you feel the need to belittle them into submission. You're as dependable in that regard as ever.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:56 AM   #1043
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
The simple concept I understand is that if someone has a different opinion than you, you feel the need to belittle them into submission. You're as dependable in that regard as ever.
First, you're right. That first comment about "simple concepts" was uncalled for. However, when you say things like "I honestly can't believe you're trying to argue about what you hypothesize happened off screen.", it leads me to believe YOU'RE belittling MY opinion. So I apologize if I respond to a seemingly condescending tone in your post in kind.

Second, I have no problem with different opinions. What I do have a problem is people presenting opinions and subjectivity as facts and objectivity. You're whole argument of "what actually happened on screen" and how you "didn't make it up" implies that your way of viewing the movie is the one and only way to do so. I presented my thoughts on the scene. You chimed in and we begun a discussion. Once you took it to the "I can't believe you're doing etc. etc. for your argument" it showed hints of disrespect for the very thing you proclaim to defend, AN OPINION.

Since we appear to have sidetracked from the topic at hand, care to address my point? Specifically the part where I point out that you're "hypothesis" of Hulk being knocked out is pure speculation under your rules of how one should watch a film.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:07 AM   #1044
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I had only 2 gripes with the movie. 1st the dream stuff was really bad. Stop foreshadowing the next Thor movie and the next Avengers movies and live in the present. They didn't need to set up those movies we will all see them anyway. The second was the movements of Ultron's lips. Classic Ultron mouth never moved and this version shouldn't have either. I'm sure they were trying to humanize him for the casual audience but it didn't sit well with me. I love james Spader and thought he did a great job,maybe a little over the top but great nonetheless.

On a positive note loved the Vision and would love to see a movie with the team assembled at the end. People need to remember that Thor & Iron Man quit the Avengers in issue # 15 and they didn't come back for a long time and the comic was good the movies can survive.I'm actually getting sick of Stark in these , now I know why I never bought Iron Man comics he is annoying. Overall entertaining but too much stuff that wasn't needed in it. Loved the intro of Ulysses Klaw for the future Black Panther movie as well.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #1045
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Empires podcast spoiler review with interviews with Joss and Paul Bettany
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44188

Last edited by Bullseye; 05-05-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:19 AM   #1046
Python
Omega Red

Wish I'd read the updated title before reading some of these posts...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #1047
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The more interviews Joss gives the more it sounds like he is finished with Marvel.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:25 PM   #1048
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
I had only 2 gripes with the movie. 1st the dream stuff was really bad. Stop foreshadowing the next Thor movie and the next Avengers movies and live in the present. They didn't need to set up those movies we will all see them anyway. The second was the movements of Ultron's lips. Classic Ultron mouth never moved and this version shouldn't have either. I'm sure they were trying to humanize him for the casual audience but it didn't sit well with me. I love james Spader and thought he did a great job,maybe a little over the top but great nonetheless.

On a positive note loved the Vision and would love to see a movie with the team assembled at the end. People need to remember that Thor & Iron Man quit the Avengers in issue # 15 and they didn't come back for a long time and the comic was good the movies can survive.I'm actually getting sick of Stark in these , now I know why I never bought Iron Man comics he is annoying. Overall entertaining but too much stuff that wasn't needed in it. Loved the intro of Ulysses Klaw for the future Black Panther movie as well.
There is a very good chance that Iron Man may leave shortly, RDJ has stated he is over playing Iron Man. I took the idea of them bringing in War Machine, focusing in more on Cap that they are phasing IM out per RDJ not wanting to wear the mantle anymore.

I'm fine with that BTW, he was excellent but I too grow weary of watching the same group on screen all the time.

I guess my biggest gripe with the movie is -- if Scarlet Witch was modified to get her powers, why couldn't they still be "hex" powers? Probably too "difficult" to explain, but it would haev been a fun tie-in with Doctor Strange that coming down the pike.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #1049
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
There is a very good chance that Iron Man may leave shortly, RDJ has stated he is over playing Iron Man. I took the idea of them bringing in War Machine, focusing in more on Cap that they are phasing IM out per RDJ not wanting to wear the mantle anymore.
I just read an interview with Evans and he sounds unequivocally done with the role. I 110% believe that once he is done playing out his contract he is finished with Cap save a potential cameo here or there as Steve Rogers. It sounded like he had a hard time motivating himself to get through AoU, save two more features in the role.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #1050
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Movie Cap is based on Ultimate Captain America who has strength and endurance levels beyond what could be achieved in peak human condition.
Makes more sense, cheers.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote