Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-06-2018, 01:10 PM   #221
adee
Green Arrow

I hope the time line doesn't get to confusing.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #222
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oops, wrong thread.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:13 PM   #223
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Brie Lasron with her usual blank expression. "The future is female"...hmm where have I heard that? Kathleen "The Force is Female" Kennedy....jeeze pushing that agenda a bit much.
I have no doubt Captain Marvel will beat Thanos in Avengers 2 within the first half hour of the movie and then spend another 2 hours condemning "mansplaining" and lecturing people on toxic masculinity. Then for an encore she will smash the patriarchy with the Infinity Gauntlet.

•.... beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will... – Yoda

•Hmm. In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side. – Yoda
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:13 PM   #224
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post

•.... beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will... – Yoda

•Hmm. In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side. – Yoda

Yeah but Yoda turns out to be a total nut job in TLJ, so I wouldn't follow his teachings
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:23 PM   #225
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah but Yoda turns out to be a total nut job in TLJ, so I wouldn't follow his teachings
So Palapatine and his ilk were the models of sanity and paragons of virtue????? Uh... yeah, right.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:51 PM   #226
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
So Palapatine and his ilk were the models of sanity and paragons of virtue????? Uh... yeah, right.
I don't think he was saying you should follow Palpatine by saying that Yoda was a nut in TLJ.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #227
off
The X-Men

Um, more chicks is never a bad thing.

I'm just saying.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:55 AM   #228
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
well the Galaxy was running pretty smooth under Imperial rule until those damn rebel terrorists assassinated their leaders, murdered millions of their citizens and yet still failed to form any sort of stable system in the following decades.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:57 AM   #229
built2shred
Phoenix

It is kind of a joke that the Rebels defeat the Empire yet let the First Order grow so big that they have a Death Planet and a enormous Fleet....

JJ Abrams can write some pretty good stuff but he can also fail spectacularly... I feel like he gave very little thought to the backstory of The Force Awakens.... Then nitwit Rian Johnson gave zero thought to his story, his whole idea of a great story was giving the opposite of what he thought fans would like.

What Disney needs to do is fire Kennedy and start over with new material and characters....

But I digress, this is the wrong thread for the topic....

As for Captain Marvel, I just hope we get a really good story.... Marvel so far has been pretty good at avoiding all the political and PC stuff...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:17 AM   #230
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I don't think he was saying you should follow Palpatine by saying that Yoda was a nut in TLJ.
Not seeing the forest for the trees possibly...

a) The point was the quote's content not the deliverer.
b) Yoda, Palapatine, et al, are fictional characters and subject to revision.
c) Context: The quotes were from an earlier timeframe prior to any later developments. Do you really look back and regard Luke as an incestuous lout for lusting after his sister (unknowingly granted) in A New Hope after the revelations in ROTJ??

Back on point. I'll wait and see on Brie and not pre-judge. Look how many people rejected the notion of Keaton as Batman prior to the movie's release or Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck. Maybe wait on the finished product before going off the deep end or projecting deep sinister motivations and agendas?