Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 03-23-2016, 10:33 PM   #181
htx87
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I unboxed my Maggie statue about 2 hours ago and man what a beauty this piece is!! Im really happy I picked this up. Also, my number is 366
htx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #182
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I forgot to mention the total ES which is 450. My wife's numbered Maggie is 337. Again, happy to see everyone enjoying those photos. Maggie stood out really good in front of the camera. It's crazy how many BBTS has moved since yesterday. They went from 12 in-stock to 5 remaining and sold out on Glenn in less than a day.
How can you tell the stock levels at bbts ?
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #183
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
For BBTS just put a quantity of 99 in your cart and it will respond with the quantity available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
How can you tell the stock levels at bbts ?
From one page back...
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #184
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
From one page back...
Can I blame you for me re-ordering this?

Thanks for the photos.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:23 AM   #185
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't think it can be said enough because the same thing seems to happen with every GG piece where a likeness and/or a portrait is concerned. Quality of pictures mean everything when evaluating a piece fairly. Proper lighting, focus and how a piece is framed can change a statue's appearance drastically. I'm not knocking anyone who posts less than adequate pictures because sharing is sharing, and it's always appreciated as far as I'm concerned. I will however continue to knock those that rush to judgment based off said pictures. Especially those that have been around long enough to know better.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:53 PM   #186
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Daryl and the wolves statue just arrived and it looks like they have the updated, lighter paint color on her lips for the box.

Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #187
blueyell
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

As a followup, they offered me a full refund (if I destroy the statue and email in the pics) or a replacement statue.

I opted with the full refund, as besides the lips, I don't like the skin paint job. The pics I posted are what my copy looks like.

Again, while I wasn't happy with this statue from them (being my copy which may be an outliner), I am happy with many others from them. I can't say enough good things about how they handle these situations, which is why I almost always buy directly from the statue manufacturers.

I hope all other copies are better.

I had an issue once when I didn't buy directly from a statue manufacturer, being hollywoods collectables, they refused to replace a defective statue for me (eyes were messed up) and one of the reasons they gave me was because I am in Canada.
blueyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:55 AM   #188
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyell View Post
As a followup, they offered me a full refund (if I destroy the statue and email in the pics) or a replacement statue.

I opted with the full refund, as besides the lips, I don't like the skin paint job. The pics I posted are what my copy looks like.

Again, while I wasn't happy with this statue from them (being my copy which may be an outliner), I am happy with many others from them. I can't say enough good things about how they handle these situations, which is why I almost always buy directly from the statue manufacturers.

I hope all other copies are better.

I had an issue once when I didn't buy directly from a statue manufacturer, being hollywoods collectables, they refused to replace a defective statue for me (eyes were messed up) and one of the reasons they gave me was because I am in Canada.
So only 449 Maggie statues exist + the prototype.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:52 PM   #189
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
So only 449 Maggie statues exist + the prototype.
There might be a handful of spares made to address attrition from breakages. When the GG Sucker Punch Babydoll statues went out, some with no serial numbers were shipped to consumers. There were most likely intended to be spares to be used as replacements.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:19 AM   #190
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
There might be a handful of spares made to address attrition from breakages. When the GG Sucker Punch Babydoll statues went out, some with no serial numbers were shipped to consumers. There were most likely intended to be spares to be used as replacements.

Not so long ago I asked Dreamwalker:
'I spotted on ebay:
Gentle Giant BABYDOLL Sucker Punch Statue
Gentle Giant AMBER Sucker Punch Statue

The seller mentions both statues are 'this is a rare artist proof version of this statue and therefore it has no issue number on the statue or certificate.'

Is it possible for someone to have obtained 'preview versions of GG statues' or is there only ever one for each statue, which is, as you mentioned, kept at the office.'

Reply:
'Yeah this is something that i get asked from time to time. AP's , Promos , Production samples... they are all kinda the same thing. There was a few lines that had a definite number attached to them but most of these pieces are never apart of the actual production edition. For those particular pieces there could be a dozen of them.

Occasionally we give them out as gifts to people who worked on the films or they are won from contests or given away at charity but they are never sold.

The usually have a bottom stamp but the edition size number would be zeroed out or have AP or PS or Promo on it. Most of the time they have COA's but they have the same markings as the bottom stamp (with a zero or ap..etc) .

I cant really say these are worth more . Some collectors like them others really dont care.

Hope that helps.'
- Dreamwalker
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote