Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #181
pdenham
Teen Titans

Looks like all variations of this have now gone to waitlist at SS.

Didn't see as much buzz about this coming out of SDCC as I thought there would be, with people in this part of the world finally getting an up close view of it, but I guess it was enough to still move the pieces they had allocated. However many out of the 370 total those were.

I finally played some attic and closet tetris and was able to clear some space to get some better ideas of where I can put this. It was definitely worthwhile building that mock-up, though I realize now I made a big error in estimating how the wings factor in to the width.

It also looks like I'll be building a special column for it now- 40" tall x 16" square. I'll probably do a triangular core of 2"x4"s and then cover the exterior with thin veneer and then stain everything next spring/summer.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:59 AM   #182
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I hope they can do a similar nice Batman and Superman. Or even better a classic, standing, epic Flash!
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #183
dr_vasanth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hawkman (Open & Closed Wings) Statue by Iron Studios Prime Scale 1:3 statue

Anybody knows where this one stands? Sideshow's site states anytime between Oct. - Dec. 2019.
dr_vasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:23 PM   #184
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_vasanth View Post
Anybody knows where this one stands? Sideshow's site states anytime between Oct. - Dec. 2019.
You probably know as much as anyone else on this board. It ships when it ships is about all any of us know these days.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:32 PM   #185
pdenham
Teen Titans

New estimate is for Feb-March.
Makes sense as it was only first solicited last March.

Still love the design- but I really wish this had been 1/4 scale. That would have translated to just under 19" wide and around 30" tall. That would still have been a beast of a statue for a huge % of us.
I've been living with the cardboard mock up in place for the last five months or whatever, and while I can live with it- I'm going to be taking it down soon and I know I'm going to like having that open space more than a huge object eating it up. For this room, 1/4 scales and smaller just work best.

I just hate to let it slip away.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:35 AM   #186
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Does anyone else have trouble communicating with Iron Studios? I've emailed a couple of times asking for a list of my orders & haven't gotten response. Their website doesn't seem to recognize my email address.

What's the Best way to contact them?

I ordered Hawkman directly from them, but haven't heard anything since I paid the deposit. I'm worried.
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:18 PM   #187
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
Does anyone else have trouble communicating with Iron Studios? I've emailed a couple of times asking for a list of my orders & haven't gotten response. Their website doesn't seem to recognize my email address.

I ordered Hawkman directly from them, but haven't heard anything since I paid the deposit. I'm worried.
trying sending them a pm via fb ?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:34 PM   #188
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post

I've had some issues with their customer service. I think it was more of a language barrier though. If all you've done is pay the deposit, you won't hear again until it's ready to ship. Don't worry about that part.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #189
pdenham
Teen Titans

I initially had ordered this direct from IS to take advantage of the free shipping offer. But more than one person threw a caution flag about their inattentive customer service when there's a problem.

Sideshow aren't what they used to be in the CS dept. either- but this thing is just too big and expensive to take a chance on a company I have no experience with.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:12 AM   #190
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Took a chance on XM when they first started with Cap and Magneto. This looked too good to pass up for myself. It is a risk but one I will take because I enjoy the character enough to do so.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote