Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #3191
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I know it's just an individual example, but I can vouch for having difficulty in selling some older XM statues. I'm having a hell of a time selling both the Sentinel of Liberty Cap & Classic Thor on eBay.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:07 PM   #3192
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Recasts? I don't think so. Buddy, the writing is on the wall, XM is not in as high demand as you would like to think. The low edition runs for both Moonnight and Scorpion were shockingly low, though they were not 1st tier characters, still some of XM's best sculpts.

XM brn Wolverine and Sabretooth have been released for months now, and yet still no edition size announcement? What happened to the 2 month order window? XM is stretching it, and possibly not because they are selling like hot cakes. We'll see soon, but the edition sizes of these two highly praised statues will be very revealing regarding the health of the market, and XM's place within it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
When did i ever mention Xm in this thread?

That's what people with flawed arguments do, they avoid the real discussion, i.e how this maquette is crappy and the exclusive edition still not sold out, FOR A MAGNETO, for freakin's sake.

The writing's on the wall of your Sideshow cubicle, sorry if i can't see it.

Please enjoy your 6000 ES craptastically produced cross-eyed statues and let me enjoy my taste.

And by the way, I am more of an Iron Studios fanboys, if i am being honest. Never been disappointed so far and their art direction is amazing.
The writing on the wall is for every statue company. Prices are too high and there are too many statues producers out there.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:04 PM   #3193
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
When did i ever mention Xm in this thread?

That's what people with flawed arguments do, they avoid the real discussion, i.e how this maquette is crappy and the exclusive edition still not sold out, FOR A MAGNETO, for freakin's sake.

The writing's on the wall of your Sideshow cubicle, sorry if i can't see it.

Please enjoy your 6000 ES craptastically produced cross-eyed statues and let me enjoy my taste.

And by the way, I am more of an Iron Studios fanboys, if i am being honest. Never been disappointed so far and their art direction is amazing.
Iron studios is my new favorite as well. But I only collect their 1/10 line. reasonable price, amazing details.

Going back to XM discussion I do not think they are re-cast. you can check the outlet in singapore called "simplytoys" they have old XM statues that are on sale for 100-300 sgd off their original prices. thats a huge chunk of discount if you ask me.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:16 AM   #3194
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
The writing on the wall is for every statue company. Prices are too high and there are too many statues producers out there.
Yup no one is exempt. XM, SS, Prime 1....prices are way too high and too much product coming out.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:03 AM   #3195
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Yup no one is exempt. XM, SS, Prime 1....prices are way too high and too much product coming out.

Both sideshow and XM will lose you money in the aftermarket depending on the statue you’re selling. Why is there even such constant debate between the two? They both have some amazing statues and they both have some pure duds.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:22 AM   #3196
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:

True, but SS is still the elephant in the room, and would be able to weather the storm/shift within the industry better than most. Maybe that's why the surprisingly "reasonable" pricing of late,(sabes, colossus, cable), may reflect a shift in SS pricing strategy? Don't get me wrong, all present pricing practices stink! But many were surprised, myself included, at the lower expected pricing of above mentioned statues. We'll have to see how bad it gets, and who survives.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #3197
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

They are killing the hobby.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:38 PM   #3198
Rav
The Spirit

Both XM and SSC have their share of grails and duds. Just like every company. I do not think Scorpion and Moon Knight are that popular tbh, but that is just my opinion. (I personally like both of them.)

Sadly, being a long time collector, I have seen quality drop off from the pure polystone beasts that have become grails in favor of lightweights but at higher price points.

I have this Magneto Ex, but will probably alternate him with XM Mags on throne and White Magneto (both grails IMO). Love the current groundbreaking Hickman run on House of X with the White suit, and every X-men fan should try to pick up a copy. It combines refreshingly great storytelling, fantastic art, with sufficient depth and revamps the whole X-men lore.

This statue is an upgrade from the Magneto comiquette though, because it fits in with the rest of the 1/4 scale X-men.

With China trade tariffs hitting soon statue companies are going to pass it on to the consumer, and prices are going to get worse before they get better.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #3199
Rav
The Spirit

Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:00 AM   #3200
Peedi
The Secret Six

Brace for the impending recession. Prices go up, sales go down, see who survives.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote