Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-22-2019, 03:31 AM   #261
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t. That would take even more licensing and approval. Might have to bite the bullet with that one.
After scouring a couple of YouTube videos, it appears both the first prototype (with the separate wheel arches) and the second prototype (later with the cars that have a singular body) are missing the ford badge on the rear of the crumpled ‘04’ car. Quite strange.

Edit: scrap that, the 2nd prototype has the badges. Back to being concerned. I’m not sure how they could sell the Explorers with the EXPLORER XLT badge and not the Ford ones. Doesn’t make sense. Ps, if you can’t tell, I’m a fan of the cars, haha.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:09 AM   #262
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Lol well hopefully it comes together nicely. Maybe since it’s just called an explorer vehicle...maybe they can get away with it without referencing Ford. Ford doesn’t own the word explorer...so maybe they just associate it with Jurassic Park/tour vehicle/exploring the jungle?
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:29 PM   #263
karauak
Fantastic Four

One has appeared on Instagram
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:31 PM   #264
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
One has appeared on Instagram
Who's Instagram?
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #265
karauak
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Who's Instagram?
Enter #ironstudios give last and will appear. I do not want to give data to someone who may not want it
Old 08-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #266
Lemmiwinkles

Looks like delivery is happening in China. Iron Studios said a few weeks ago they were on their way so I’d imagine it won’t be long for the US folk.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:19 PM   #267
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
Looks like delivery is happening in China. Iron Studios said a few weeks ago they were on their way so I’d imagine it won’t be long for the US folk.
Ah, so the recasts shall begin soon as well then!

I've been thinking of other JP dioramas IS could do. I'm presuming they will only include dinosaurs with the characters, even though I can think of loads they could do with just the human characters!

Dilophosaurus vs Nedry - hopefully with the jeep so we can have that and the explorer in our collections. I'm 99% sure this will be revealed this year or early next year thanks to the teaser video they showed.

Baby raptor at the hatchery - with the cast stood around it, Malcolm maybe sat on his chair where he gives his 'life finds a way' speech.

Gallimimus stampede - Grant and the kids running with two or three Gallimimus around them.

Raptor with Ellie in the maintenance shed as it bursts out from behind her after she has put the power back on.

Muldoon vs raptor - the raptor could be mid-leap as Muldoon is aiming the gun at her. Alternatively, just do a stand alone Muldoon that we can pair with the stand alone raptors.

I would love some environments too like the visitor centre, JP gates, helipad, raptor pen.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #268
karauak
Fantastic Four

Once I sent this picture to iron studios and asked them to do everything
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_2231026440327618.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	125291  
Old 08-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #269
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
Once I sent this picture to iron studios and asked them to do everything
I love it! If they start doing statues from The Lost World too, I'm ruined!
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:32 PM   #270
Lemmiwinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Ah, so the recasts shall begin soon then!
I’m new to this hobby, but can you explain what you mean by this? Do you mean the statues are copied? Have you any examples of statues this has happened to?

I agree about Nedry and the Jeep! The Jeep would be an excellent addition to the Explorer, hopefully that’ll happen. I’d love the gates but when you watch the Explorers passing through in the film the gate is absolutely massive, haha. Would probably end up being over a meter tall in 1:10 scale. It would need real flames too of course