moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:21 AM   #3
deenamathew
Doh!

Kobe is the better one
deenamathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

James
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:39 AM   #5
FJC
Midnighter

MJ
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #6
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Kobe for now, I dislike James, but can't deny his ability and size. Of course MJ will always be the best. Lebron needs 1-2 more rings to be on Kobe's level.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #7
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

James, he can play any position and has ridiculous power. I don't judge ability by rings because that means many greats wouldn't be considered greats. But, when comparing players this good, it can be a matter of opinion since one can debate this for a while.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #8
monomaster1
Sinister Six

After Lebron James retires he will be known as the greatest of all time. He can play all positions, averages close to a triple double, multiple scoring champ and a team player. All that plus a great basketball mind.
monomaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 AM   #9
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomaster1 View Post
After Lebron James retires he will be know as the greatest of all time. He can play all positions, averages close to a triple double, multiple scoring champ and a team player. All that plus a great basketball mind.
Team player?? Are you kidding? He has given up on teams of the past and does not make the players around him better. He takes teammates out of their groove with his 1 man show. Rings are very important, players like Malone, Wilkins, Barkley, Stockton, Nash will be forgotten by most as time goes on. Lebron GOAT...ha.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #10
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Team player?? Are you kidding? He has given up on teams of the past and does not make the players around him better. He takes teammates out of their groove with his 1 man show. Rings are very important, players like Malone, Wilkins, Barkley, Stockton, Nash will be forgotten by most as time goes on. Lebron GOAT...ha.
I disagree with you on both cases. For starters, most of Lebron's teammates love playing with him. He demands a lot from them but works as hard or harder. You've had many take less money to play with him. Yes, it did look like he gave up on the Cavs years ago, being tired of carrying them. That being said, in Miami players really liked playing with him. Much has been said that he is very court smart and remembers all the players habits (as in how they play, what they do).
Do rings help give players a historical significance? Of course. That doesn't mean a player is better because he has more rings. Dan Marino never won a ring and I highly doubt he'll be forgotten. Those that know the sport will know who is and was good. Maybe a fanboy will forget but the question was who is better, not who will be remembered better 50 years from now.
But again, Kobe and Lebron will both be historically significant being that both have rings (Kobe with more) and both are great though one more so than the other (depending on who you ask).
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote