Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #1861
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Chronicle will still have a section on the forum just not a sponsored slot.
Whether or not we get the interaction from them is their decision.

'I think the problem is I love what I do and the products I make that when they aren't what I was expecting, I take it as personally as you guys'.

No denying your passion and I understand production is out of your hands once you hand over to the factories.
Does this statement mean the final product in question didn’t meet your expectations?

As already said, probably too many times, it's a real shame the head patterning/paint application didn’t match the body which looks pretty good. Especially as the eye is drawn to the head.

My only hope is it's not as noticable on display as close up pictures.

Hope you guys go on to bigger and better things and pop in to promote new products and still interact with the fans here.
We all share the same passion and want the best possible representation of our favourite movie characters.

Peace out!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #1862
Manu81
The Spirit

THANK YOU FOR ALL PAUL
TAKE CARE AND I WILL WAIT FOUR YOUR WONDERFUL PIECES, THE BREAKOUT AND THE RAPTORS.
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:51 PM   #1863
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

These pics look great, Paul. I and a few others have had CC's back and in the end we were proven right. Good riddance to Webb and his lunacy. Please reconsider staying on the forum as us true fans are behind you. Don't let the hatred of one ruin your participation in real conversations in the future please.
Kefka2200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #1864
Choopie
Birdman

I don't see any particular issues with these. I like how this came out given the complexity of the paint work. I greatly appreciate the photos, and look forward to receiving my shipping notice.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #1865
bradjk1
Fantastic Four

I think they look great too and can't wait to get mine. Nice job chasing away Paul, guys. Some of you seriously need to get a life.

Paul, just know that for every moron that stirs the pot, there are probably another 10 "lurkers" like me that genuinely appreciate your Facebook videos and postings on this forum. Keep up the great work and don't give the haters more attention than they deserve.
bradjk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:31 PM   #1866
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Is it just the angle of the photo or does the mold on 161 look different?
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:31 PM   #1867
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopie View Post
Yes, the logo adds a touch of class to the piece. Very nicely done.
That Nublar shape of the base.. there's clearly a lot of love for the material in the concept of this thing.
With less thoughts about ways to contain costs (even if at the same time CC is one the most greedy companies in the industry when it comes to price/quality, but i undestand that) and troubles to make this thing available for everyone we would had one of the best collectible pieces ever made.

Maybe next time CC should avoid everything over 500 pieces, ask whatever price they think should be asked for a product at least on par with other companies (Prime 1, coolprops or whatever) and ffs choose a factory that takes the necessary time and care, something to prevent those lazy "artists" to deliver a 15 USD plastic figure looking statue.

I will always remember this post because of how it had me beyond excited thinking about JP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Doll, Statue it's all in the toy category so let's not split hairs.

I don't collect Hot Toys pieces, but I appreciate the craftsmanship and quality.

We're trying to make art, what you saw on screen and not idealized pieces. By using the original prop or the CGI files, it's as close to production as possible.

I tell our artists to leave their ego at the door, it's not about who sculpted it our who did what, it's about recreating what was seen on screen 100% and giving all the credit to the original artists.

Paul
These products, properly made, should looks so good that they should be an instant sell on every single person that give them a quick look for whatever the price on forums and social in every picture and lighting condition. That's a fact.
These animals are probably the better designed creatures ever put on film. But much of the credit goes to how well and realistic these things has been painted.
This company can rely on digital files, original models to cast, Crash friggin McCreery involved, access to every file you could want from ILM.. you can't throw all of that in the trash because of cheap factories, it's a shame, and a pity.

With these digital files and original models available all you have to do is deliver paintjob, and sharpness of casting, on par or better than other companies.
And if collectors can always repaint by themselves, for what i've seen in all the close ups provided by doge this cast is maybe less detailed and defined than a '97 TLW Kenner rex. Same scale, 20 years ago, airbrushed, 5% of the price.
Remeber, you already have half (the hard half) of the work done by one of the best artists ever lived, can't mess with this stuff, just focus your efforts in finding ways to deliver Hot Toys, Prime 1, coolprops, Enterbay paintjob quality. It's all people want in this competitive industry.

This line has long legs and lots of thirsty and demanding fans. These products will live forever.
But people need (but mostly, WANT) a reason to support you.
Deliver on the product, it's all that matter after what recently happened. Push for max quality and then you'll see this company reach the sky.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:39 PM   #1868
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I think the problem is I love what I do and the products I make that when they aren't what I was expecting, I take it as personally as you guys. I just feel it's time for a change and I need to distance myself from the Statue Forum. I've made a lot of friends here and I know we will continue to interact.

I'll be on Facebook as that seems to be the way we reach the most people.

I don't want to blame just one person for this decision, this was made before Webb made any of his posts and I didn't want him banned, he'll just go to another forum now and pile on even more.

I've always tried to be very respectful in my posts, I just feel I don't get that in return and it bothers me. I work so hard on these pieces and people only want to pick you apart when you fall down.

Again it's now more about my sanity than the board.

I'm going to continue to make cool pieces to the best of my ability.

And for those that think they can do it better, go buy a license, source a factory and put out a product.

I've been going at this for four years in October. I've spent a lot of time away from my family to build this business and I want less stress in my life, so with that I say goodbye.

Thanks guys, it's been a great ride!

Paul
I should have read this before posting. Sorry to hear that mate.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #1869
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Happy to see the pics. Very excited to receive mine.

It's disappointing to see Chronicle pulling the plug on Statue Forum thanks to certain members who just couldn't be patient and wait for in hand pictures from Chronicle. Instead they chose to stir the spot until this thread became a full blown dumpster fire. And it was all based on basically nothing but some poor photos IMO.

Definitely won't be worth the time to log on here now that Paul and Chronicle will have no involvement with the forum.

SMH.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:14 PM   #1870
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Is a "production sample" a piece that was painted at Toynami and sent to Chronicle to approve before they begin production on the run? Because if that's the case then I think it's clear that Toynami did not maintain the standard set forth by the productuon sample and that's a shame because the production sample is stunning, if each piece had been produced to that standard (that Chronicle approved) I'm certain we would not have seen the negative reaction on this board over the past few days. I don't expect Chronicle to pubically criticze their manufacturing partner but I would expect there to be upcoming talks between Chronicle and Toynami that are concerned with the issue of maintaining quality throughout the run. There are always going to be expectations, bad paint on this one, break on that one..etc..but a decline in quality during production is a big disappointment to everyone, including I would assume, the folks at Chronicle. I know the folks at Chronicle are truly passionate about these pieces and I don't believe they have ever attempted to deceive or manipulate their customers, and my concern about the paint app is not in any way meant to be an attack on the intergity of the folks at Chronicle.

I greatly appreciate Chroncile's commitment to JP and for Paul and his team for engaging with their fans and customers. Delivering product that meet an exceed expectations is a win win for Chroncile and it's customers. It's what we all want and I look forward to seeing what's to come.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote