Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-26-2021, 05:34 PM   #611
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
It's was meant for all the weekly mud slingers. Didn't mean to single you out, but your last post adds water to the dirt. It's healthy to move on. Face it fellas, Storm's peak was the Jim Lee era. The vast majority will let you know that daily. I value yr opinions but after the first few grumbles it comes off bad. Im bitter as hell I didn't order the XM Storm.

You guys can always throw in on a custom. I understand the passion. I'd be in line for a Bryne Storm.
This is your opinion (referring to the bolded part), yet you say this as if it's fact. There are plenty of people that don't agree with this sentiment and yet others that feel the need to try and shove this opinion down our throat's at every opportunity. This is why the conversation never dies.

It's funny because people can keep asking for the same costume over and over and over, and that's OK. But, for those of us that are sick of the look, we can't say anything about it, else we're labeled negative.

I own the XM (paid retail for it) and might own the new Sideshow piece depending on what it looks like. But, after that, it's time to move on to a new look for future statues. Variety is the spice of life after all.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:42 PM   #612
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This is your opinion (referring to the bolded part), yet you say this as if it's fact. There are plenty of people that don't agree with this sentiment and yet others that feel the need to try and shove this opinion down our throat's at every opportunity. This is why the conversation never dies.

It's funny because people can keep asking for the same costume over and over and over, and that's OK. But, for those of us that are sick of the look, we can't say anything about it, else we're labeled negative.

I own the XM (paid retail for it) and might own the new Sideshow depending on what it looks like. But, after that, it's time to move on to a new look for future statues. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Side note: You, good sir, get a golf clap for making it through that post without even mentioning the color of the suit!
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #613
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

woof...hater's ball in here. I think it's a great look...right behind Silvestri's lightning bolt suit. Iconic, for sure. I can see why some would want to try something different, though. Whatever it is, there's going to be those that are happy with it and those that aren't.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:05 PM   #614
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
This isn’t directed towards any particular person at all but what we’re NOT going to do is drown out (!) this Storm thread with any animosity. This is positive Storm space. We all know we hate and love particular costumes and won’t agree. As cool as Demona is and our shared love for Storm, I know her favorite look is my most hated look. And it’s still all good. Hopefully with Lee costume done by XM and SS we can get more and different looks down the line and we can pick and choose which ones we want as they become available.
Yes.

But this should apply to every thread and every discussion like this. Getting salty over costumes and other people voicing their preferences is silly.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:12 PM   #615
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Are we really gonna have to wait until SDCC for SS to reveal Storm.....and Powergirl? Please say it isn’t so.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #616
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I think I still like the modified version of this one a little better.
I don’t mind that version either. As y’all know, this costume went through a lot of variations...full legs/no legs, tattered cape/non tattered cape, gold trim/white Fantastic Four trim, sash/partial belt, etc. Mu favorite version had her use the classic over the shoulder poncho. It was a basic but good look that worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Face it fellas, Storm's peak was the Jim Lee era. The vast majority will let you know that daily.
Seeing how things are going, this is NOT an argument...

But what does this mean? Jim Lee created this costume towards the end of his run, he maybe drew it for 3-4 issues, it debuted in X-Men #1 and Storm was only in the 1st arc and Jim Lee only lasted until the 2nd arc. So are you referring to Lee’s entire run was Storm’s peak? Or do you mean Storm’s peak was while wearing this costume, which most of her appearances in this costume were after Lee left for Image?

Also what majority is this? The costume is popular because of circumstances at the time, not because of anything particular about the costume. If she was wearing something different at that time then that costume would be just as popular.

Also I kinda default to cosplayers, mainly because they craft the looks they love the most. Most Storm cosplayers wear one of her black costumes.

As far as Storm’s “best” moments or most memorable things, they’re mostly in her original and punk costumes...beating Callisto, Life Death & LDII, beating Cyclops unpowered, getting her Norse hammer, battle against Dracula...barely any memorable personal moments in the Jim Lee costume.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:27 PM   #617
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Or we could go as far to say the animated cartoon. Then the five cover #1 issue, which is the highest selling comic all time. Action figures and trading cards. Wasn't there a poll not to long ago?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #618
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I don’t mind that version either. As y’all know, this costume went through a lot of variations...full legs/no legs, tattered cape/non tattered cape, gold trim/white Fantastic Four trim, sash/partial belt, etc. Mu favorite version had her use the classic over the shoulder poncho. It was a basic but good look that worked.

Seeing how things are going, this is NOT an argument...

But what does this mean? Jim Lee created this costume towards the end of his run, he maybe drew it for 3-4 issues, it debuted in X-Men #1 and Storm was only in the 1st arc and Jim Lee only lasted until the 2nd arc. So are you referring to Lee’s entire run was Storm’s peak? Or do you mean Storm’s peak was while wearing this costume, which most of her appearances in this costume were after Lee left for Image?

Also what majority is this? The costume is popular because of circumstances at the time, not because of anything particular about the costume. If she was wearing something different at that time then that costume would be just as popular.

Also I kinda default to cosplayers, mainly because they craft the looks they love the most. Most Storm cosplayers wear one of her black costumes.

As far as Storm’s “best” moments or most memorable things, they’re mostly in her original and punk costumes...beating Callisto, Life Death & LDII, beating Cyclops unpowered, getting her Norse hammer, battle against Dracula...barely any memorable personal moments in the Jim Lee costume.
As always, an excellent post!
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:41 PM   #619
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Are we really gonna have to wait until SDCC for SS to reveal Storm.....and Powergirl? Please say it isn’t so.
It's been almost 3 years since SS did that promo video for the X-Men line. It would be great if they made a new one that gave us a better look at Storm while teasing upcoming pieces.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:13 PM   #620
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Came into this thread after battling one hell of a headache all day. Shoulda grabbed some popcorn!

The only things I can add is that I certainly don’t hate Jim Lee. I loved his run, I just think of all the outfits he designed - Storms is the worst. A LOT of his other designs are my favorites for the character, Storms just isn’t it and it just hasn’t aged well. But in terms of story, no, Storm’s best stories were not in the era of Lee. No way.

As for what my favorite outfit is, hell, I’m not sure I have looks that I love for sure and I like the majority of her outfits. Modern Mohawk, Savageland, and the off-the shoulder with the high boots (the JSC cover is widely pulled for reference) are my top three looks. I could name a top 10 list in a heartbeat and guess what, the Lee wouldn’t be in it.

That won’t stop me from buying a stunning statue of it because I’m going to show love for my favorite comic character. And I hope others do too because it gets us closer to companies understanding that we can evolve past the 90s and get into some modern looks. It’s so crazy that Avengers collectors have been begging for the classics, while XMen had been begging for modern. Hope in the future we both get what we want.

Now bring us the statue blog!! We need to see this pretty lady - I know Newman crushed it!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote