Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #871
ukshaun
Hercules

Sticking with the horror theme,
some time / posts ago I suggested (among others) Nosferatu. It appears SideShow are already there:

The Coming of Nosferatu
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...statue-902869/

I'm not too sold on the face, although everything else looks great. Nice base to boot

I wish PCS would consider dropping the wooden looking round / oval bases and stick to this kind of thing
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:44 AM   #872
WingdSoldier
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalj View Post
Just one word... WEREWOLVES! You guys see how quickly your Kessler Wolf statue sold out... what does that tell you? There's a huge pent up demand for quality werewolf statues. You guys are definitely on the right track with the upcoming 'The Howling' statue, but there definitely needs to be more!

If you can acquire the licenses, how about the werewolf from Bad Moon?
WingdSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:13 AM   #873
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
LOTR has been done before. Titanfall isn't a huge license with 85 characters worth doing.

Don't think the Blizzard games have that either? I don't play those.

This license must be character-centric, for the numbers Jerry is mentioning. More like Transformers, less like LOTR. One of those was created with the intention of selling character variants, while the other happened to have cool characters, that people might want to buy.
There is still a market for LOTR/Hobbit, just look at Weta. Their stuff is too small for me though, I like the larger pieces. SS bailed on their PF and Maquette lines too soon and never even used the Hobbit license. All of the SS PFs were 1K plus ES or more and most sold out quickly. I still dream of a 1/4 Balrog to match the PFs.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:22 AM   #874
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Gears of war!
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:27 PM   #875
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
There is still a market for LOTR/Hobbit, just look at Weta. Their stuff is too small for me though, I like the larger pieces. SS bailed on their PF and Maquette lines too soon and never even used the Hobbit license. All of the SS PFs were 1K plus ES or more and most sold out quickly. I still dream of a 1/4 Balrog to match the PFs.
Just fyi, we were having a mini-discussion about guessing the license that Jerry was teasing. My comments were directed towards that.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:36 PM   #876
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Just fyi, we were having a mini-discussion about guessing the license that Jerry was teasing. My comments were directed towards that.
He said it was a (relatively) untapped license, though. One that one would not readily associate to this kind of merchandising. I don't think LOTR fits the bill.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:08 PM   #877
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
He said it was a (relatively) untapped license, though. One that one would not readily associate to this kind of merchandising. I don't think LOTR fits the bill.
Jerry said:

"Its not something i have ever mentioned as for whatever reason, even though its a huge love of mine, i never thought about it for collectibles. probably because no one is doing anything with it right now and truthfully there has hardly been anything done with it ever as far as collectibles."

Plenty of LOTR stuff has been done. It's not LOTR.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:28 PM   #878
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Jerry said:

"Its not something i have ever mentioned as for whatever reason, even though its a huge love of mine, i never thought about it for collectibles. probably because no one is doing anything with it right now and truthfully there has hardly been anything done with it ever as far as collectibles."

Plenty of LOTR stuff has been done. It's not LOTR.
Oh? Your previous post seemed to imply you were talking about LOTR.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:43 PM   #879
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Oh? Your previous post seemed to imply you were talking about LOTR.
Stingray quoted my old post - but I was saying that LOTR was not likely the license that Jerry was hinting about.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #880
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Stingray quoted my old post - but I was saying that LOTR was not likely the license that Jerry was hinting about.
Oh, I see now. Reading only post 875 today gave me that false impression.