Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #501
Graven Gorasd
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I hope your fix was sucessful. Did you have to touch up the paint or was the break clean?

I just repainted the hair on mine again. The first drybrushing alone wasn't looking right. So, i repainted the base color and drybrushed again. I still need to fix the slightly wonky eye. Which means i'll have to redo both eyes as there is no way I can get a repair to match. I plan on using a lighter green eye decals from Archer
I think it was. I had to touch up the paint and do a little sanding. The paint I used Tamiya Gun Metal is too silverish. I plan to dilute some black over the metallic to look more like the rest of the gun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141215_221429.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	87733  
Graven Gorasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #502
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven Gorasd View Post
I think it was. I had to touch up the paint and do a little sanding. The paint I used Tamiya Gun Metal is too silverish. I plan to dilute some black over the metallic to look more like the rest of the gun.
Looks good. Not sure I will mess with mine, the scope is glued on a little crooked.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #503
jedi_don

Ok. Finally finished with my hair repaint and eyes redo. I scrapped the work I previously did. I used Golden acrylics starting with burnt sienna base. Then drybrushed with straight red oxide. Then several more increasingly lighter drybrushing with increasingly lighter mixtures of red oxide, yellow oxide and titanium white. The gloss in the hair is the natural acrylic gloss of the Golden's paint.

I sanded off the original decals. I repainted the eyes with titanium white, black and red oxide mixture. Then I used Archer's Fine transfer photo realistic eye decals (AR99003A). I used a bluish-green but it was too bright. So after a clear Tamiya gloss dried, I covered the bluish-green with greenish-hazel decal. Then a final gloss.

I'm happy with how this turned out. I still think the base circumference is unnecessarily large. Plus I feel that the factory should have glued the cubes to the base. Now to figure out where to put her.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #504
FROBAY
Phoenix

Dayum, looks good.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #505
jedi_don

A quick comparison shot with the Sideshow BW PF.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #506
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
A quick comparison shot with the Sideshow BW PF.

First, great work with the tweaks Jedi Don. Second, those two statues look great side-by-side. Fully sculpted gets the nod for me though! Doesn't hurt that I preferred that movie's take on Black Widow myself.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #507
toysforlife
Fantastic Four

The lighter hair colour definitely makes it more screen accurate of Scar Jo.
toysforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #508
toysforlife
Fantastic Four

Just got mine last Thursday. #352 of 600. Got it from Most Wanted Collectibles.

I can't believe how good this looks in person. The creases, the curves, the texturing of her suit, the paint app. And then to examine up close only to realize that it is all sculpted. She is magnificent. No flaws. Nothing remotely big enough to even call it a flaw. I'm not gonna try putting in the pistols into the holsters just yet. Maybe give it a few more days for the statue to warm up. I'll probably try the hairdryer warm the holsters/guns method later.

Comparison Shot of 1:4 scales. GG Winter Soldier Black Widow and SS Iron Man 2 Black Widow. Look at the difference in the diameter of the bases. SS BW base is 8 3/4". GG BW base is 12".

toysforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #509
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysforlife View Post
Just got mine last Thursday. #352 of 600. Got it from Most Wanted Collectibles.

I can't believe how good this looks in person. The creases, the curves, the texturing of her suit, the paint app. And then to examine up close only to realize that it is all sculpted. She is magnificent. No flaws. Nothing remotely big enough to even call it a flaw. I'm not gonna try putting in the pistols into the holsters just yet. Maybe give it a few more days for the statue to warm up. I'll probably try the hairdryer warm the holsters/guns method later.

Comparison Shot of 1:4 scales. GG Winter Soldier Black Widow and SS Iron Man 2 Black Widow. Look at the difference in the diameter of the bases. SS BW base is 8 3/4". GG BW base is 12".

I think someone at GG believes the base should fit the envelope of ththe character. I had same issue with the large bases on the Sucker Punch line. Black Widow could have fit well on an 8 inch diameter base. GG, it's ok for parts of the figure to extend over the base.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #510
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Ok. Finally finished with my hair repaint and eyes redo. I scrapped the work I previously did. I used Golden acrylics starting with burnt sienna base. Then drybrushed with straight red oxide. Then several more increasingly lighter drybrushing with increasingly lighter mixtures of red oxide, yellow oxide and titanium white. The gloss in the hair is the natural acrylic gloss of the Golden's paint.

I sanded off the original decals. I repainted the eyes with titanium white, black and red oxide mixture. Then I used Archer's Fine transfer photo realistic eye decals (AR99003A). I used a bluish-green but it was too bright. So after a clear Tamiya gloss dried, I covered the bluish-green with greenish-hazel decal. Then a final gloss.

I'm happy with how this turned out. I still think the base circumference is unnecessarily large. Plus I feel that the factory should have glued the cubes to the base. Now to figure out where to put her.
Great job.
It looks just like her.

I wish GG or Hot Toys would focus on some X-men movie characters.
I am kind of bummed seeing the same Avengers character over and over.
I'd love a Famke Jean Grey etc.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote