Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #121
built2shred
Phoenix

5200 to be exact , they might be releasing them in waves... I noticed WW and Poison Ivy are back up for sale on DC's website.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #122
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Well, my pre-order was cancelled today. The company I ordered from didn't get theirs in, allocation. So, I don't think I will get this one now, since everyone is sold out. Did DCD produce as many as they planned? I don't see how these can be that difficult to find when they made 5k of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
5200 to be exact , they might be releasing them in waves... I noticed WW and Poison Ivy are back up for sale on DC's website.
Yup; just wait. I doubt they have produced all of the 5200 yet. Worst case DCD will have them on their site and they have sales and shipping deals all the time. They also sell pieces that are "sold out" to retailers via the distributors.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:26 AM   #123
Assassin
Frackin!

sorry for bumping an old thread. is it safe to assume that the whole 5200 run are all in the market already? meaning no chance to order one at a less inflated price as in eBay?
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #124
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
sorry for bumping an old thread. is it safe to assume that the whole 5200 run are all in the market already? meaning no chance to order one at a less inflated price as in eBay?
The artist who sculpted these, said that the full 5200 of Harley sold out in a month, so unless DC releases a 2.0 Harley Bombshell you will probably be out of luck... The other bombshells have taken longer to sell out... But given the rising prices on Poison Ivy, WW & Supergirl on Ebay, I'm guessing there also sold out now..
Old 07-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #125
Assassin
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The artist who sculpted these, said that the full 5200 of Harley sold out in a month, so unless DC releases a 2.0 Harley Bombshell you will probably be out of luck... The other bombshells have taken longer to sell out... But given the rising prices on Poison Ivy, WW & Supergirl on Ebay, I'm guessing there also sold out now..
Thanks for the info. I'm not too interested in the Christmas re-deco version though...
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #126
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm not too interested in the Christmas re-deco version though...
I would check the sale forum on here from time to time... I sold my Harley Bombshell to a member here for $160 and it was in the for sale forum for over a week before anyone contacted me about her.. I still have Supergirl Bombshell left
Old 12-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #127
dechirico7
The Flash

I've seen photos on ebay of the Holiday version and I think I am going to skip it. The paint is horrible.
Looks like it was rushed and painted by a 3-year-old. They probably wanted it out by the Holidays.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #128
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If that just wasn't a bad one or too close photos then I'm out as well. The quick Midtown video of her didn't look too bad. But $100+ for some sloppy paint is a no go.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #129
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I've seen photos on ebay of the Holiday version and I think I am going to skip it. The paint is horrible.
Looks like it was rushed and painted by a 3-year-old. They probably wanted it out by the Holidays.
The paint application on mine is great; nice and tight for the most part with clean details.

Having said that, I feel where you are coming from Dechirico as the paints themselves seem cheap and not very rich. I too sense DCD's rush for a holiday shipment. In all honesty they should have had these done months ago as it was a repaint, for the most part, solicited some time ago.

In all honesty this is DCD. I will almost guarantee that you will see her resolicited next year in some way shape or form.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:46 PM   #130
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

My Harley bombshell came out well, except for the cracked nameplate. I think it was return I picked up from BBTS because the nameplate was cracked all the way through, but seemed to be glued back in place. I snapped it off at the break and tried to re-glue it but the crack is still noticeably there. I only kept her because of the rarity of the figure. I may have to do my own decal for the nameplate and repaint it.

You can see the crack by the 'H'.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote