Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #1191
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Do you have any pics of the damage to yours Gag? Sucks when these things come damaged =/
the front of the helmet is difficult to photo but it's very obvious under lighting, basically it was a chip, and the factory tried to cover it up, but instead of doing it properly by sanding it first then airbrush it, they just paint brushed some similar blue color on it, you can see the brushstrokes. Back of helmet is clearer to show, the red paint either bubbled up or it was scraped off somehow with some kind of white paint mixed in.

i hope jerry smack whoever did this over there in the factory, instead of displaying this in my cabinet for holiday to enjoy, now have to deal with all this.

both of the ex corpse's foot are also chipped, but i couldnt find the chipped off parts in the box, was just going to glue it back if i could find it instead of dealing with sideshow.

gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #1192
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Anybody picked up the new Idw comic? Pretty good read..
Old 12-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #1193
neostatues74
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
the front of the helmet is difficult to photo but it's very obvious under lighting, basically it was a chip, and the factory tried to cover it up, but instead of doing it properly by sanding it first then airbrush it, they just paint brushed some similar blue color on it, you can see the brushstrokes. Back of helmet is clearer to show, the red paint either bubbled up or it was scraped off somehow with some kind of white paint mixed in.

i hope jerry smack whoever did this over there in the factory, instead of displaying this in my cabinet for holiday to enjoy, now have to deal with all this.

both of the ex corpse's foot are also chipped, but i couldnt find the chipped off parts in the box, was just going to glue it back if i could find it instead of dealing with sideshow.

My EX has a broken link on his chest next to the Dredd badge and i can not find the broken bit in my box as well, but because it is on his chest it is so noticeable.
neostatues74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #1194
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Maybe you guys got the battle damage variant?
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #1195
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

oh damn Gag that sucks hope you are able to get a good one!
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #1196
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah_snow View Post
#3 in the house! And, unfortunately, in the box....can't open til xmas..."mutter, grumble, gripe...."

I am stoked about the low # though....pretty cool.
You'd better open it now. If there's something wrong inside you can e-mail the return department right away. The ES is so low for this piece replacements will run out very fast.
ThomasMak0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #1197
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMak0524 View Post
You'd better open it now. If there's something wrong inside you can e-mail the return department right away. The ES is so low for this piece replacements will run out very fast.
Agreed
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #1198
slaine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
You are right , I am in the same situation and seeing unfortunately the incidents mentioned in that post, tonight I will try to check if everything is ok
slaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #1199
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Quote:
Already wrapped, my friends....I will just have to trust that JD will be alright. I'll post pics once he's seen air.
elijah_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #1200
BLACK OPS
The Herculoids

Sorry to hear about the damage to your Dredd Statues, got mine here in Ireland and no damage thankfully. This is one epic statue.
BLACK OPS is offline   Reply With Quote