Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #11
Underdog07
Hercules

The law of averages says to wait, even on the Iron Man. After ordering all of the HH pieces pre-release, I opted not to order the Iron Fist and found it Iron Fist for $130 shortly after it was released. If the same happens with Hercules that will be money in my pocket. Now if Iron Man comes out and I have to pay retal on the secondary market, so be it, but overall I will have saved money.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #12
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
That's wishful thinking buddy! If you do get one for that, please let me know! Hawkeye is definitely the easiest to get for the cheapest price, but even what he got it for is extrememly lucky.

Like Lord Odin said, you can find many a statue for cheap. SS Magneto has gone for as low as just a wee bit over $100. I guarantee you won't find a Thing from HH that low! I feel that Hawkeye might have had too high an edition. 500-750 for the second tier popular characters should be enough. The most popular characters (Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Wolverine, etc.) should be at least 750-1000. No more! If the statues completely sell through, then they should make more. I hate to see wasted natural resources for something that no one will appreciate. Many of those statues will never get sold and just sit in the boxes till the end of time. What a waste!

With that being said, HH Hawkeye is definitely an awesome statue and I feel it is the best Hawkeye out in the market right now. For the size, the pose, the paint job, and the money, it is indeed a statue that should not be missed. Still wish it had some arrows in his pack!
You don't check ebay that often, do you??? There are four completed auctions for HH Things, and they are all for exactly $100 or LESS.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #13
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
You don't check ebay that often, do you??? There are four completed auctions for HH Things, and they are all for exactly $100 or LESS.
Hard Hero The Thing: statue 270080290701 $76.75
Hard Hero The Thing: statue 200067356292 $89.88
Hard Hero The Thing: statue 160070164612 $91.55
Hard Hero The Thing: statue 270075881399 $96.00
Hard Hero The Thing: statue 200069945917 $96.01

uh...5 Big G
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #14
tony bo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

see below

Last edited by tony bo; 01-29-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: forgot quote
tony bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:29 PM   #15
tony bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenca7 View Post
I just won a Hawkeye for $92 shipped. Why are hawkeyes so low?? I think it is a good statue!!
The statues SRP is $200.00. You bought it below dealer cost ...... which means it's being dumped. Retailers can't sell at SRP of $200. which means to start it's overpriced by Hard Hero. Retailers discount the statue right from the jump then when the initial rush subsides and the statue has very little interest ..... the retailer just dumps them and takes a loss. This statue hasn't sold out in regular or artist proof. Also there is no differance at all in Artist Proof statues just an extra 100 statues ....... satisfies those that like low numbers I guess. Hard Hero statues are very hard to sell for a nice profit ...... so buyers enjoy, your gain is somebodys' loss.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #16
Equinox24
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I was gonna say, I just got mine for under $100 shipped.
Equinox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #17
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Sheeoooottt!!!! I had no idea that HH Thing's sold for that low!! Huzzah! I might get a regular Thing now. I only have the exclusive one! Nah! One is enough! So, my question now is, why purchase HH statues if you are a local comic shop or otherwise at all if you are always going to lose money?? That makes about as much sense as tits on a bull!!! So how does the comic shop make money? Hello? Am I missing something here?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:29 AM   #18
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

The hawkeye statue is great! I wouldn't mind getting the captain america for that price
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #19
tony bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Sheeoooottt!!!! I had no idea that HH Thing's sold for that low!! Huzzah! I might get a regular Thing now. I only have the exclusive one! Nah! One is enough! So, my question now is, why purchase HH statues if you are a local comic shop or otherwise at all if you are always going to lose money?? That makes about as much sense as tits on a bull!!! So how does the comic shop make money? Hello? Am I missing something here?
They (retailer) do not carry Hard hero statues with the intent to lose money .... and all statues don't lose money. Ebay allows pre-sale auctions with the 30 day delivery or able to return ..... and Ebay retailers are listing the satues six months before they come out (not just HH statues) .... can't possibly get to customers in 30days and this is allowed by ebay. By the time the statue actually comes out there is a very limited market left and those people want it in the $100 area. Not worth carrying if you have to sell for those prices. Check out Ebay look at what Iron Fists are selling for now. Retailers won't carry this product no matter how nice they look if they have to sell for $117 in order to move them. Check out this forum and you'll see that people just wait it out to purchase until retailers drop their pants! The statue are just way overpriced at $199. and retailers have to give up their profit to sell, IMO.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #20
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

The dst one is so much nicer, true to the comic character with the HH one coming second
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote