Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #1311
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
I think we should all move on from this. It's time to mature up, learn our lessons that hype doesn't pay and look forward to the next best statue of all time. The Flash.
Flash PFF.

Sideshow, PLEASE follow my advice. Flash "suffers" from the same problem Magneto suffers. The colours of his costume. They are simply difficult characters to give them the "statue-treatment" and not look like action figures or toys. Even in the trailer of the new movie (Justice League), the actor wearing his costume looks like a caricature. They even toned down the colours but Flash still does not translate well in real life.

So please NO FANCY poses, no stupid things going on with the new Flash PFF.

Give us the PFF you teased years ago. A museum pose, on a TALL base to match his companion PFFs and the pose should be him putting his glove on. Simple and with a museum-AURA. NO FANCY things, NO FANCY poses, they will make him look like a toy.

My 0.50 cents, Sideshow.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #1312
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Well said Bulls. I just call him Mehneto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Hahaha! Perfect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Gonna think of that every time I see it now
Just to give credit where it's due (because it made me laugh when I first read it, but I said nothing as I didn't want to pile on the drama ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25, on 07-19-2017 View Post
Mehgneto
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:30 PM   #1313
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Just to give credit where it's due (because it made me laugh when I first read it, but I said nothing as I didn't want to pile on the drama ).
Why you raining on my parade? lol

For the record I didn't see that before I posted it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #1314
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Why you raining on my parade? lol

For the record I didn't see that before I posted it.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply you stole it from him. Truth be told, it was posted shortly after the first pics, when reactions were coming fast and furious, so it was easy to miss indeed.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #1315
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Flash PFF.

Sideshow, PLEASE follow my advice. Flash "suffers" from the same problem Magneto suffers. The colours of his costume. They are simply difficult characters to give them the "statue-treatment" and not look like action figures or toys. Even in the trailer of the new movie (Justice League), the actor wearing his costume looks like a caricature. They even toned down the colours but Flash still does not translate well in real life.

So please NO FANCY poses, no stupid things going on with the new Flash PFF.

Give us the PFF you teased years ago. A museum pose, on a TALL base to match his companion PFFs and the pose should be him putting his glove on. Simple and with a museum-AURA. NO FANCY things, NO FANCY poses, they will make him look like a toy.

My 0.50 cents, Sideshow.
Sideshow... see XM Quicksilver on flash ideas... Plus are we talking about customs still? LOL there is a custom flash and reverse flash set being made which looks amazing.
If they mess up flash im suing , for what i don't know but i'm getting a lawyer lol
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #1316
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
Sideshow... see XM Quicksilver on flash ideas... Plus are we talking about customs still? LOL there is a custom flash and reverse flash set being made which looks amazing.
If they mess up flash im suing , for what i don't know but i'm getting a lawyer lol
P1 has a flash? But the p1 new 52 1/4 stuff is way over priced. Superman is like 750.00 and the others is like 600-650.00. P1 GL is 650.00 but SS GL is 420.00 shipped after my coupon. So I went with SS!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:58 PM   #1317
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
I'd really rather they didn't do XM Quicksilver. I think that looks horrendous.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #1318
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'd really rather they didn't do XM Quicksilver. I think that looks horrendous.
you beat me to it. The XM quicksilver is full on horrendous IMO. but be careful, the fanboys may cry if they hear you say that
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:32 PM   #1319
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
you beat me to it. The XM quicksilver is full on horrendous IMO. but be careful, the fanboys may cry if they hear you say that
Hey look, I see what they were trying to do and I think the idea was a good one, just the execution was way off in my eye....hopefully I don't get any hate mail.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:48 PM   #1320
Peedi
The Secret Six

Flash needs to be running upside down through the speeforce with his arms extended, legs stretched as far front and back as possible so we can "feel" that he really is running with full intensity and swapable Barry and Wally heads because 2 heads are better than one even if it doesn't make sense.

This is the only way.

Now here's where I'll mention Magneto to stay on topic:
Magneto.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote