Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
rerun07
Frackin!

You *could* get a bigger, more detailed COMMISSION from another artist for less than $4k, but you're comparing apples to oranges. You're not getting any type of commission from Frank Cho here... you're getting a "ballpoint-pen drawing of a woman". I mean, it almost sounds like a doodle. Granted, Cho's doodles are probably more detailed than most other "doodles", but still... you can't really compare someone else's full commission to a ballpoint-pen sketch inside a book.

If you're willing to pay $4k for this deal, it's probably for one of these two reasons:

1) You just want something... ANYTHING... from Frank Cho. Doesn't matter what it is - you're just attracted to the idea of getting a Frank Cho original.

2) You actually want to support this Kickstarter project with a generous donation.

Some of you give me the impression that Frank Cho could blow his nose in a tissue, and it would be of value to you... just because it's FRANK CHO!
rerun07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerun07 View Post
You *could* get a bigger, more detailed COMMISSION from another artist for less than $4k, but you're comparing apples to oranges. You're not getting any type of commission from Frank Cho here... you're getting a "ballpoint-pen drawing of a woman". I mean, it almost sounds like a doodle. Granted, Cho's doodles are probably more detailed than most other "doodles", but still... you can't really compare someone else's full commission to a ballpoint-pen sketch inside a book.

If you're willing to pay $4k for this deal, it's probably for one of these two reasons:

1) You just want something... ANYTHING... from Frank Cho. Doesn't matter what it is - you're just attracted to the idea of getting a Frank Cho original.

2) You actually want to support this Kickstarter project with a generous donation.

Some of you give me the impression that Frank Cho could blow his nose in a tissue, and it would be of value to you... just because it's FRANK CHO!
Now, you trolling....
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
Underdog07
Hercules

I have no idea where a ballpoint pen drawing ranks in relation to a pencil/ink drawing or a marker drawing or a loose pencil sketch or a tight pencile sketch and therefore the price point seems out of left field to me.

People will pay what they pay - I think our discussion here is would "I" pay it, so every non-Canadian's opinion is valid and should be heard

Side note. I paid 8 bills for my Cho and think it is incredible and worth the money.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #24
risingstar
Jedi Order

He offered that piece to me for 7 bills and then I told him to offer it to you for 8 bills because you're from Jersey.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #25
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerun07 View Post

How much are we asking for said tissue? Are we sure he blew his nose on it - or was it used in... Another capacity? That effects the price...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #26
Royd
Producer
Producer

More info from Frank as requested re stretch goals etc. -

"We've been receiving some comments asking about what our stretch goals will be, should we achieve our initial goal. We have also received some passionate messages explaining that some individuals would like to see a new tier above the $50 limited edition. We would like to share what we can for now and prepare you for some big news that is coming next week.

There are seven very cool stretch goals that we have in mind. The first one will be announced on Monday. The remaining six will be shared over the course of December. Each one of these additions or upgrades will, if reached, automatically transform your pledges into an even greater value.

Concerning the second topic of the new tiers above $50--we probably won’t have the details ready until a week from now. This idea that Frank came up with is a stunner. John is working on pricing and printing quotes to determine the costs and how to make it work. John will have the full details posted as soon as he can. At that time, we suspect some of you will want to upgrade your pledge level, and we'll provide instructions to make it an easy process for you.

Frank Cho and John Flesk"
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #27
Royd
Producer
Producer

He later offered it to me for a jar of vegemite but I said it wasn't Shanna so he could also offer it to Bill for 8 bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
He offered that piece to me for 7 bills and then I told him to offer it to you for 8 bills because you're from Jersey.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #28
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I can't stand Cho as a person, not a nice guy at all.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #29
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I can't stand Cho as a person, not a nice guy at all.
I hear that a lot from people. I will meet him soon and i am very intrigued to see what he is like.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #30
Royd
Producer
Producer

Well, I obviously have a very different opinion to Mike's as do many others (as evidenced by the numbers who've back his Kickstarter project) But then, this topic isn't supposed to be about Frank as a person or the pricing of his artwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
I hear that a lot from people. I will meet him soon and i am very intrigued to see what he is like.

Last edited by Royd; 12-01-2013 at 08:15 PM.