Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #111
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Well Emma is the essence of the pinups heroine so...
Maybe . But her life isn't the life of a pinup. Representing her with a pinup pose ( and the armchair!) offers a reductive view of her role in the X-Men adventures. It's not a big deal anyway, i had the same problem with their Mystique, and she sold very well, so...
French Cancan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #112
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I mean, if you don't like the pin up look of this Emma, you always have the crazy Harley Quinn-Killer Frost Emma PF you could get. At least there's a choice for people, unlike Psylocke who is Sideshow's hideous piece or wait years until XM can release one. Rogue too.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #113
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Considering the control she had over Cyclops, she should be holding his &@//$ instead of a rose.
HAHA this had me rolling at work!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #114
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
I think it has something to do with her crystal powers, it looks like a crystal rose.
That, and that Emma is kind of a willing woman when it comes to romances, and a rose is a symbol for that.

This statue got me interested, i am an SS fan, but XM is growing on me, already got Mystique preordered, good chance il get Emma too.
She turns into a diamond form not crystal.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #115
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I mean, if you don't like the pin up look of this Emma, you always have the crazy Harley Quinn-Killer Frost Emma PF you could get. At least there's a choice for people, unlike Psylocke who is Sideshow's hideous piece or wait years until XM can release one. Rogue too.
Oh yes, I will have the crazy Harley PF!
And waiting for the XM 1/4 Harley. And the 1/6 with Bud and Lou which I already love.

XM, with Harley, no pinup, just a crazy girl!
Old 01-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #116
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
The boots are not sexy... needs a bit of finesse but everything else is great. Wish they can do a diamond switch out

100% agreed. Tweek those boots. Very rounded!
Everything else is great indeed.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:35 PM   #117
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Well, I’m not excited about these super heroines acting like pinups. I have nothing against pinups, I love pinups, but I find super pinups heroines boring after all. I would prefer action poses like SS X-23 or XM Batgirl, and calm poses but with strong presence, like SS Ivy/ Elektra, or XM Dark Phoenix.
And that armchair doesn't help.
Emma is allowed to be a pin-up. Being oversexed and plastic fantastic is totally her. She admits to having had a nose job and breast implants. In the Hellfire club, Emma flaunted her sex to win. She still does now. Sexy is fine for her. Now if they tried that with any other character, I would agree with you.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #118
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The cape and the sofa hide her rear asset, not digging this.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:01 AM   #119
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Emma is allowed to be a pin-up. Being oversexed and plastic fantastic is totally her. She admits to having had a nose job and breast implants. In the Hellfire club, Emma flaunted her sex to win. She still does now. Sexy is fine for her. Now if they tried that with any other character, I would agree with you.
Oh, breast implants. This explains the arrogant verticality and horizontality of her chest on this statue.

I have to say, Demona, I really like most of your posts, because they are often informative, when you explain why you like or dislike a statue. The US comics universe still is like a jungle for me, with all these eras, golden age, modern age etc, all these artistic versions, iterations of a same character, deaths, rebirths - thanks P1, I recently learned a cyborg Superman exists too, seriously? What's next? I gonna learn Harley has two crazy hyenas as pets??? Madness madness - so, thank you. You're not the only poster doing that, and it's very helpful to me.
Maybe, in twenty years, i'll be known as " Comicspedia". Until then, my journey along the path of knowledge risks being very difficult.

Regarding this statue, XM wanted an Emma pinup? I'm ok now. So be it!
I'm just very curious about the paint XM will propose for the Emma's face, because it's really fantastic on the pictures. And I don't consider XM as the best make up artist.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #120
SHANE MCNAMARA
Fantastic Four

IN REAL LIFE THE HELLFIRE CLUB IS A SECRET SOCIETY SEX CLUB FOR THE ELITE SATANISTS JUST SAYING
SHANE MCNAMARA is offline   Reply With Quote