Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-20-2023, 11:15 AM   #1
my2cents
Fantastic Four

Technology in Statues (2023)

I've always appreciated the mixed media statues for realism and when lights are incorporated correctly into a statue for greater effect (i.e. The Batman Patinson motorbike tail and headlights 1/4 statue, Sonar eyes Bale and a custom spear that was made for Armored Batman).

Just a thought for our technology into statues .... Can we Bluetooth the lights in a statue that sync with an app? Just charge it from the base and I can control my statues from an app and not disturb the statue by turning on mini switches?

Additionally, why not release updated portraits or sell some switch outs separately at limited numbers so you create more unique/ niche statues amongst collectors that can be sold or swapped?

Maybe taking this a bit further but...
Create more Exclusive pieces signed by the artist who created the statue at the bottom of the base.
my2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 11:28 AM   #2
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
I've always appreciated the mixed media statues for realism and when lights are incorporated correctly into a statue for greater effect (i.e. The Batman Patinson motorbike tail and headlights 1/4 statue, Sonar eyes Bale and a custom spear that was made for Armored Batman).

Just a thought for our technology into statues .... Can we Bluetooth the lights in a statue that sync with an app? Just charge it from the base and I can control my statues from an app and not disturb the statue by turning on mini switches?

Additionally, why not release updated portraits or sell some switch outs separately at limited numbers so you create more unique/ niche statues amongst collectors that can be sold or swapped?

Create more Exclusive pieces signed by the artist who created the statue at the bottom of the base.

love it!!!!!!!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 04:49 PM   #3
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:

Limited swap outs / accessory sets is a great idea. Been a thing for ages for 1/6th, why not for statues?
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 06:54 PM   #4
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:

That's a good idea
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 07:47 PM   #5
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

All great ideas!
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 10:15 PM   #6
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

For me, no. I don't want more tech in statues. Tech breaks. Bluetooth standards change. Bulbs burn out.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 06:51 PM   #7
neo225
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Because they'd rather sell you a whole new statue instead.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 06:54 PM   #8
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:

You can plug them into smart plugs and set up motion sensors, etc. I generally control mine by voice. Everything gets plugged into a surge protector and that plugged into a wireless Bluetooth smart plug. You'll need multiple smart plugs if you want to split them up though. I have always been fine turning on the display and individual lights all at once though.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 07:20 PM   #9
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
You can plug them into smart plugs and set up motion sensors, etc. I generally control mine by voice. Everything gets plugged into a surge protector and that plugged into a wireless Bluetooth smart plug. You'll need multiple smart plugs if you want to split them up though. I have always been fine turning on the display and individual lights all at once though.
I'm the opposite. I have the display lights split off from the statue's light up functions. Heck, I have them further split off into primary and secondary, as some I don't need them switched on as much.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 01:20 AM   #10
reinajk30
Doh!

Quote:

Create more Exclusive pieces signed by the artist who created the statue at the bottom of the base. By the way, if you need additional help with your homework use this one
yep, nice idea, it would definitely elevate the mixed media statue experience. do you have any other thoughts on this?
reinajk30 is offline   Reply With Quote