Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-17-2021, 06:23 PM   #631
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Yes prototypes. The official IS production pieces have yet to ship.
If those were prototype pieces and not just early production samples I’m even more concerned for those who preordered the Infinity piece.

The Queen production pieces look great (I’m guessing these are early shipments in China), whereas Infinity’s reception has been a bit lukewarm.

When these were first solicited for preorder Infinity’s crushed (where likeness is concerned) the original Queen bust as that was before they did their major revisions.

But now it’s somewhat of a different story. Whereas Queens started on the back foot, not looking that great, they have improved and moved in a positive direction, whereas for Infinity the opposite ‘appears’ to be the case.

I wonder if some of my thoughts regarding this piece are because Infinity’s piece started on such a high whereas Queen started relatively low where collectors expectations were concerned.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:32 PM   #632
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
Wow after seeing both busts side by side the Queen Studios in my opinion looks way more accurate.

My questions the early IS bust being reviewed on Youtube was they prototypes for reviews as they looked a lot better?

Is the recent QS bust production or prototypes for Youtube'ers to review?
Unless you’ve got it preordered, that appears to be more or less the general reaction here.

But I’m not sure ‘more accurate’ is the correct term here. I still think the underlying facial sculpt is probably superior for Infinity’s piece. It’s just that it’s been truly let down by a list of negatives, from the high hairline to the inferior skin tone on the face.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:37 PM   #633
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
The IS shot in my post is a straight on shot.
That was my point.

Most recreation of actors look better in angled profile shots. So it was almost always going to be the case that a Queen profile shot would be superior to a straight on Infinity piece.

For a true comparison, shot angles should be matched as closely as possible.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:39 PM   #634
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That was my point.

Most recreation of actors look better in angled profile shots. So it was almost always going to be the case that a Queen profile shot would be superior to a straight on Infinity piece.

For a true comparison, shot angles should be matched as closely as possible.
See my previous post. They are both from the front (both eyes clearly visible).
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:43 PM   #635
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
See my previous post. They are both from the front (both eyes clearly visible).
While it may not exactly fit the definition of a profile shot, I personally still consider that Queen shot to be an angled shot. At the very least it’s certainly not a straight on, and so my point still holds.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:12 PM   #636
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
While it may not exactly fit the definition of a profile shot, I personally still consider that Queen shot to be an angled shot. At the very least it’s certainly not a straight on, and so my point still holds.
Sounds like nitpicking given we have multiple angles of view on both and the QS version appears more accurate in all of them. Even if by some slim chance a “straight on” shot at the QS WW is slightly less accurate than from the multitude of other angles, why would it matter given we already have a straight on shot of the IS and it is clearly not accurate??...
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:33 PM   #637
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Sounds like nitpicking given we have multiple angles of view on both and the QS version appears more accurate in all of them. Even if by some slim chance a “straight on” shot at the QS WW is slightly less accurate than from the multitude of other angles, why would it matter given we already have a straight on shot of the IS and it is clearly not accurate??...
I’m just saying for the sake of comparison.

I can’t count how many statues and Hot Toys figures where in profile the head sculpt was near perfect, but straight on it wasn’t nearly as good.

And honestly the straight on shot isn’t nearly as jaw dropping imo on Queens recently uploaded video. True it’s still quite good, but...

As I’ve said before I have the Queen piece on preorder, but even I can see that it’s not perfect when straight on. The profile shot you’ve been using looks near perfect. At least from that angle.

And yes overall I’m really happy that I preordered the Queen over Infinity’s.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:36 AM   #638
Brandon
The X-Men

I'm sure each will look better in person than in pics. But as far as pics go, I think QS has the superior likeness, these pics look just like Gal imo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120266129_362140468295646_5651386680782681238_n.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	137778   Click image for larger version

Name:	120292447_362140374962322_5176024915963690457_n.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	137779  
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #639
Augen
Green Arrow

We're money no issue I'd have got both, but like most had to make a choice. I'm happy for everyone that enjoys their pieces. Past experience has taught me that people can be quite critical and pictures not flattering of statues. All I have seen video wise both busts look great, and can argue one is a 10/10 and other is 9/10. Ultimately comes down to personal taste and one could argue bias in the eye of the collector.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:49 AM   #640
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
We're money no issue I'd have got both, but like most had to make a choice. I'm happy for everyone that enjoys their pieces. Past experience has taught me that people can be quite critical and pictures not flattering of statues. All I have seen video wise both busts look great, and can argue one is a 10/10 and other is 9/10. Ultimately comes down to personal taste and one could argue bias in the eye of the collector.
That is true, Augen.
I find it funny that here, in IS WW thread, people who prefer QS one keep posting again and again trying to make a point that QS is better than IS, meanwhile those member who actually got the IS bust preordered and still prefer IS bust and think that IS bust is better than QS, just being a silent reader and enjoy the entertainment.

If they truly think that QS is much better, why still need to convince people here of that? they can just praise it in the QS thread.. many reasons maybe, and one of the reason is maybe they secretly really want the IS one but they don't have the chance to preorder it. It's like a guy saying bad things about the girl who rejected him.
Even if they say otherwise or just being ashamed to admit it.

But yeah, Augen, I agree with your words. For me, whatever those particular member post will never change my preference, and I just hope that IS deliver the goods!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote