Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #411
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm still not enamored with the texture, but I want to see some clearer photos first. It does look better though. I'm probably still getting this anyways so it doesn't matter . I also hope they cleaned up the seams on his arms as they were pretty unsightly.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #412
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
"made to order". I think this is a first outside of the x-men dio?
No they are doing that with pretty much all statues now...it's been happening for the past several PO. Started with Boba Fett I believe. It makes sense to see what sales are and go from there. Usually, XM has a set ES within the first few weeks once the PO goes up.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:10 PM   #413
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Also noticed the price are growing up for XM statues...i hope it's not a new tendancy cause it was already expensive but now it will become unpayable
Prices are relatively stable. For the size and amount of switch outs...and complexity of sculpt and paint, this fits right in line with the rest of prices on their statues.

This isn't a Black Cat sculpt and paint...this is far more complex and exacting.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #414
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I'm still not enamored with the texture, but I want to see some clearer photos first. It does look better though. I'm probably still getting this anyways so it doesn't matter . I also hope they cleaned up the seams on his arms as they were pretty unsightly.
That's usually done right before production starts.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #415
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
On one set of arms I think it actually looks worse now, but I would hope that would be straightened out.

We've discussed the texture before, and the amount of red vs black, but maybe it's that the paint app is glossy for the black AND the red? Maybe if the red were more matte?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #416
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post
from xm fb page:

"I am the ultimate insanity! I am CARNAGE!!"
The psychopathic killer is so insane and evil that even Spider-man AND Venom combined fear him! Pre-Order opens on Wed 26 July 2017, 11 p.m. (Singapore Time zone) at https://www.xm-studios.com/products/carnage.aspx. Designed by XM and Hive, Sculpted by the talented Caleb Nefzen, this eerie statue comes with 3 sets of deadly arms to better mutilate his victims! Retail at SGD1,099 and ES MTO (Made to order but capped at 999 pcs) all Spidey and Venom fans' collection is incomplete without... CARNAGE!

Looks pretty nice in these pics.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #417
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like the eyes now. the red is also darker than the one in thai comic con, even when I pump up the exposure. I might get this and paint the lower jaw black. that's... if I can get over the cluttered symbiote on his body.
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:39 PM   #418
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Looks cool...I have the XM Venom & this would look great pairing them up. My only complaint is how heavy this is. Bet it's close to 35 lbs... I'd get it, if the weight was at least 18 lbs or so. I have 7 XM statues & they are all heavy as hell...I don't know if I wanna continue to buy these. I thought these be perfect for my glass display case, but at that weight, I got them spread around like on wood shelf or table tops. Running out of space...I hear Bistro are good & currently looking into those...
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:17 AM   #419
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

From xm fb page

"Missing Carnage Photos found! Here's the 3rd Head that will ship with Carnage. This head has white teeth (as opposed to all black) for better contrast and also features a tongue! Whether you prefer black teeth or white, tongue or not, it's all here!"

davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #420
polished1
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

PO'd this, a little nervous but fingers crossed it comes out as good as the Venom did.
polished1 is offline   Reply With Quote