Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
I enjoyed the movie
Me too and my son loves it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #313
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

If they had embraced and incorporated the original Ghostbusters as canon, I think it would have been a different story at the box office. Cameos by just one or two as the original characters and a passing of the torch would have been wise.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #314
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Still haven't seen this film and have no plans to. That's how bad it looks to me and from what I've read from members here and others, it seems like a waste of time.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #315
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I love how the true story behind why a movie sucks is always brought to light after the movie has been out for a while lol oh Dan, I dont know how you could have thought this was a good idea right from the get go
Dan Aykroyd's acknowledgement is something of a revelation as he was lauding the film from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Still haven't seen this film and have no plans to. That's how bad it looks to me and from what I've read from members here and others, it seems like a waste of time.
Your concerns are completely valid here. It's not worth your 2 hours.

It really is a letdown on so many levels and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the women, as they are each supremely talented and funny. It was just a poorly written story with no breathing room for each character to develop.

And for me, the key missing ingredient was the horror and scare factor simply was non-existent. Everything was too polished with neon colors and making Ghostbusting look hip and fun.

Passing of the torch was a missed opportunity in the script, considering all original actors are still around. Sad.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #316
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Passing of the torch was a missed opportunity in the script, considering all original actors are still around. Sad.
Well, Harold Ramis unfortunately is no longer with us. That said it's not like there weren't plenty of opportunities to use him when he was around.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #317
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

this movie was a prime example of too little too late

they had more than enough opportunity to make a sequel when the iron was hot, apparently bill murray didnt want to do it though

but that didnt stop him from having a cameo in the new movie as some new character which made no sense whatsoever

I like the ladies they cast its not a sex thing, but the movie was just ill-conceived, not funny, over the top special effects, poor choice of cameos for the original cast, poor script etc the ghostbusters deserved much better than this, but I think just way too much time passed from GB2

realistically they should have made a GB between number 1 and number 2, since number 1 was the beginning, and number 2 seemed to be the end of the ghostbusters, there seemed to be a middle chapter that should have been told inbetween 1 and 2
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #318
Crossbonez74
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Dan Aykroyd's acknowledgement is something of a revelation as he was lauding the film from the get go.

Your concerns are completely valid here. It's not worth your 2 hours.

It really is a letdown on so many levels and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the women, as they are each supremely talented and funny. It was just a poorly written story with no breathing room for each character to develop.

And for me, the key missing ingredient was the horror and scare factor simply was non-existent. Everything was too polished with neon colors and making Ghostbusting look hip and fun.

I second that! GB 2016 was a wasted opportunity for the franchise. The jokes were awful and the CGI was second rate.
Crossbonez74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #319
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
this movie was a prime example of too little too late

they had more than enough opportunity to make a sequel when the iron was hot, apparently bill murray didnt want to do it though

but that didnt stop him from having a cameo in the new movie as some new character which made no sense whatsoever
Yeah, it was very odd, and out of place for Murray in this new role. It was very anti-climactic for his cameo.

If he was willing to participate, even for a brief few minutes, then they should have written something related to Venkman.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #320
built2shred
Phoenix

The story should of been written as a continuation of the first two movies with some of the women being related to the original cast (story wise), then the guest appearances of the original cast would of made more sense. But someone at the studios thought it was a great idea to remake movies with all female casts, thinking that advertising so would bring in lots of customers. Instead it fell flat on it's face. I don't have much hope for the Oceans Eleven remake with it's all female cast either. If you want to create an all female cast movie then do it from scratch, this trying to remake classics is getting old quickly. Just shows you how lazy Hollywood has gotten.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote