Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-27-2016, 12:27 AM   #271
Jerassic
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That was probably due more to the paint I would wager. If they were both JP1 painted I would bet most still pick the more closed mouth.
My thoughts exactly. The perfect one IMO is TLW pose in JP female colors. If both that were shown were made and I could only get one, I'd go for the male. But I probably wasn't going to get one anyways due to size and cost limitations.

The prototypes look excellent, but I'll hold out hope that they make some half scale busts eventually
Jerassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:22 AM   #272
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

If the Open Mouth JP 1 color bust is what is offered I'll be on board to order. Will definitely do the payment plan because I know it's not going to be cheap but I have to say I really love the piece. For me, the open mouth pose reminds me of the way the raptor was portrayed in most of the JP promotional material when the film came out in 93, in that sense the pose feels authentic to the 93 film. Also the open mouth gives you the potental to show off more detail within the mouth and teeth. As far as "making it look more menacing" as some people have suggested..I thought most of the people here wanted the pieces to retain as much of the original Stan Winston sculpt as possible? If CC started to alter these molds for "dramatic purposes" I think they'd be criticized for it. So either way, they can't please everyone
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #273
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:12 PM   #274
Luminous
Cyclops

Damnit, stop posting pics of the TLW bust. Now it just feels like a punch to the nuts.

Seriously, seeing them side by side is only hurting my chances of actually pulling the trigger on the JP bust. What could have been...
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:23 PM   #275
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Damnit, stop posting pics of the TLW bust. Now it just feels like a punch to the nuts.

Seriously, seeing them side by side is only hurting my chances of actually pulling the trigger on the JP bust. What could have been...
you like TLW one more then JP?
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #276
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
you like TLW one more then JP?
I prefer the expression of the TLW bust, yes. Color/paint definitely goes to the JP one though.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #277
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

They're both equally gorgeous and tempting if you ask me. :3
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #278
Bmaga123
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

The profile view really makes TLW bust shine in comparison to JP1. I would honestly be willing to pay extra just to get TLW bust with JP1 paint up!
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:22 PM   #279
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The concern for the female is that the mouth is giving a message and the eyes another different one. If the animal was trying to kill something it should be looking at it, not looking into infinity. The eyes should point forward, not to the sides. I know these things look silly when looking to the front, as I have repeated in the Rex thread, but that's the way they work in the movie and all the photos were taken in 3/4, giving the sense that's the natural way to look at it. The lower eyelid should also be reworked to give the impression that it's focusing its eyes to the prey, that's what gives it the sinister look.

I would also change some things in the neck to give the sense that the muscles are reacting to the jaw moving. But that's fine critique.

It looks great but they should totally try reworking the eyes. It would convince some people.

By the way, the paint job on the female is INCREDIBLE.
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #280
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post

Ok.... so which one are we getting? I saw them both at the con and I thought they looked great.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote