Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #121
protector2814
Phoenix

Very sensitive & insightful conversation you guys. Am very much enjoying reading all of your opinions on this matter. Food for thought, all of them.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #122
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Very sensitive & insightful conversation you guys. Am very much enjoying reading all of your opinions on this matter. Food for thought, all of them.
I agree, that's why this is the best section on this forum
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:33 PM   #123
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I totally agree with that, which only furthers my point about decisions based on reason and emotion together.

Similarly, I'm reminded of the conversations years ago when the Bowen Red Skull statue came out and certain fans wanted Swastikas on the sculpt for authenticity.

I said then and I'll say now I will never display anything with a swastika on it in my home. I can appreciate it is 'just a symbol' to many and it means various things to different cultures, but as the grandson of a Jewish woman (even though I wouldn't identify as religious myself), and the grandson of a British soldier that saw Belsen three days after it was 'liberated' and saw the effect it had on my grandfather until he died, I can't in any way condone bringing that into my house.

Maybe that is a passionate, flawed reasoning on my part, but it's something that doesn't feel right to me.
Your reasoning is passionate but certainly not flawed. My grandmother on my mother's side fled Poland just prior to the Nazi invasion of September 1, 1939 and left her husband behind as he refused to leave. He then chased after her to America only a short time before the Nazi's came in, and their entire family was later wiped out in The Holocaust. I grew up a practicing Jew and listened to my parents and grandparents speak of their departed family, and feel much the same way as you.

Last edited by wktf; 05-08-2017 at 05:08 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #124
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Joe, believe me my friend, I can appreciate your opinion as a lifetime Cap fan. I think I have a lot more understanding and respect for you and people like RS and Jerry having that reaction simply because you are eloquent and patient enough to explain the reasons why - lets face it when people do that and have valid reasons rational debate is much more rational.

I genuinely don't know how I would feel if one of my favourites got history altered in the same way.

What I never will understand with is the people who soapbox and make a stand. The "I'll never read Marvel again" crowd. These things are always cycles. Comics are way too serialised to not snap back to the status quo.

I'm preaching to the choir here, I know.
Preach away, brother. And thank you for the kind words.

Last edited by wktf; 05-08-2017 at 05:09 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:51 AM   #125
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

What did everyone think about the recent Secret Empire revelation?

Thoughts on what it means? I have my own suspicions which i will put below, obvious spoilers

*********SPOILERS*******************

So with two Caps now, one seemingly having always been good and one always being evil, I think there is a potential explanation.

The Secret Empire Cap's reality is from Dimension Z, and when Cap was pulled back from Z, maybe Kobik brought back not only Cap, but some of the reality itself with him. So reality has been warped and combined based on what she brought back.

This means there are two Caps, one who is essentially a Captain Zolandia version, and one our old trusted and true one.

I'm thinking there might be a combination at the end of the arc, and Cap will be a completely new person.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #126
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

*********SPOILERS*******************

Dimension Z was the first thing on my mind too.
And your explanation might work
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #127
protector2814
Phoenix

I liked the issue, even though I still suspect that this whole mini will end up being forgotten & join the other Marvel minis of the past few years in obscurity.

RichBamf, I like your theory. Makes sense w/ issue 2. Wow, this thing gets bleaker & bleaker.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #128
risingstar
Jedi Order

So Captain America has an evil twin. I can see that as being the plausible explanation for this debacle.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:18 AM   #129
Y3E
Gen 13

What?! There are two Caps? Dang, I am going have to go to the comic store and get the books.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #130
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Joe - Have you read the latest issue yet? Waiting to hear your thoughts on this?
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote