Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select / CS Moore

» Spotlight
DGK Diamond Select Premier Black Panther Statue DGK Kotobukiya ArtFX Spiderman & Venom 1:6 Statues Dechirico Diamond Select Gwenpool Statue Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #11
Darth Lorac
Doh!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3
Thanks for the heads up SquirrelScrat, Just bought one for 60 bucks!!!
Darth Lorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:07 PM   #12
SquirrelScrat
Doh!
 
SquirrelScrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Lorac
Thanks for the heads up SquirrelScrat, Just bought one for 60 bucks!!!
Glad you could find one!

D.
SquirrelScrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:38 PM   #13
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!
 
MiamiLoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,806
Another thing about these Pre-Sells, how are THEY so sure they will be able to get more than 1 bust? Aren't these things limited??!!
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #14
Darth Lorac
Doh!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3
Guess is if they can't I will get a refund
Darth Lorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #15
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!
 
MiamiLoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Lorac
Guess is if they can't I will get a refund
Yeah, but that's messed up how they do a preorder for an item that's limited. Oh well. Can I ask why you didn't decide to wait for the flood of these that will more than likely show up AFTER the convention and will be "on hand"?
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:35 PM   #16
nexus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
Adamantium Plus Member
 
nexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Virtuality
Posts: 7,721
Don't want to take chances on a pre-sell from somebody who "might" get one. Probably gonna wait a month or two after they start hitting ebay, because they'll probably be $40-$50 by then. (And if BD announces one, even less).
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:23 AM   #17
jeanblackqueen
Doh!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1
How does the dealer know he will get one or more for sure? There will be 75,000 people there.
jeanblackqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #18
cyberpunk12
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
 
cyberpunk12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 884
Some dealers will probably get a chance to get their hands on a few before the con is opened to the general public, won't they?

There are several dealers on eBay right now offering them for $60 a piece (with lofty $10-$13 shipping charges, however), and with anywhere from 1 to 6 "available". You guys are probably right... they'll most likely be available for less later, especially after everyone from the Con tries to "flip" theirs for a quick buck... but I grabbed one of the pre-orders just in case. I'm a sucker for a scantily-clad, Byrne X-Men era, feeling-drawn-to-the-dark-side Jean Grey

As for pre-orders, I'll occasionally take the risk of ordering over a month ahead of time based upon a seller's feedback.
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM   #19
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan
 
marvelboi77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 13,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12
Some dealers will probably get a chance to get their hands on a few before the con is opened to the general public, won't they?

There are several dealers on eBay right now offering them for $60 a piece (with lofty $10-$13 shipping charges, however), and with anywhere from 1 to 6 "available". You guys are probably right... they'll most likely be available for less later, especially after everyone from the Con tries to "flip" theirs for a quick buck... but I grabbed one of the pre-orders just in case. I'm a sucker for a scantily-clad, Byrne X-Men era, feeling-drawn-to-the-dark-side Jean Grey

As for pre-orders, I'll occasionally take the risk of ordering over a month ahead of time based upon a seller's feedback.
Last year for the Dazzler Diamond sold them all on Wednesday night to the dealers who have account with them. So they got them for the dealer rate which is probably $20 a piece. They were selling them for any where around $50 to $75 at the show. I went to the Diamond booth first thing Thursday morning last year and they told me this. Plus when I walked around the con the dealers did have them all.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #20
cyberpunk12
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
 
cyberpunk12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
Last year for the Dazzler Diamond sold them all on Wednesday night to the dealers who have account with them.
Really?? I guess that's why there are so many pre-sales on the Bay right now. That's got to be frustrating for collectors... to get there first thing and still wind up having to pay secondary market prices.
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com