Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-29-2018, 10:53 PM   #41
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasan View Post
Long time no posts on this one - curious to hear if any owners have had leaning issues - ? thanks.
None on my end. Still one of my favorite statues. Great presence.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #42
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasan View Post
Long time no posts on this one - curious to hear if any owners have had leaning issues - ? thanks.
Before I sold mine, I noticed it wasn't sitting completely down in its support so yeah, leaning.
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:43 AM   #43
Drakonnen
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Anyone have this and the XM Mark VII who can do a comparison?? I am very on the fence.
Drakonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #44
omarfallaha
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonnen View Post
Anyone have this and the XM Mark VII who can do a comparison?? I am very on the fence.
owned every iron man out, mark 7 and mark 6 are the best. Mark 6 is best sculpt and best design and best pose. Mark 7, highest quality, best paint apps, I like the base but some people dont. Mark 43 is alright, pose isnt as good as mark 6 and not as natural as mark 7. paint is decent, I'd say it's more premium than mark 6 but not by much and definitely not as good as mark 7
omarfallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #45
Drakonnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarfallaha View Post
owned every iron man out, mark 7 and mark 6 are the best. Mark 6 is best sculpt and best design and best pose. Mark 7, highest quality, best paint apps, I like the base but some people dont. Mark 43 is alright, pose isnt as good as mark 6 and not as natural as mark 7. paint is decent, I'd say it's more premium than mark 6 but not by much and definitely not as good as mark 7
Thank you. I just got the AoU 1/4 Captain America so it would be a companion piece to that. I love the Mark 7, but I do hate the base and worry it would look weird next to Cap's base. Plus I don't like that it doesn't light up even though I probably wouldn't display it that way anyway. But it does look amazing and the Mark 7 is my favorite suit....such a tough call!
Old 08-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #46
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Thank you. I just got the AoU 1/4 Captain America so it would be a companion piece to that. I love the Mark 7, but I do hate the base and worry it would look weird next to Cap's base. Plus I don't like that it doesn't light up even though I probably wouldn't display it that way anyway. But it does look amazing and the Mark 7 is my favorite suit....such a tough call!
Hi, I have AoU Cap as well and have been holding out hope that SS will finish the collection they announced 4 years ago in this video:
https://youtu.be/i2cgV9laYGA

If they announce a Mark V then it's a good chance they will do a Mark 7. I also am not a fan of the XM base but if you can get it at a good price then I say go for it. It's my favorite armor too.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:58 PM   #47
Drakonnen

I just saw the Sideshow Mark 3 Maquette coming out and now I an even more confused as to what to get!!
Old 08-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #48
omarfallaha
Fantastic Four

Quote:
If you have the cap, which I consider an incredible piece, the IS one is the best complimentary figure to go with it. Nothing else will fit in as good as that one.
omarfallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #49
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
If you have the cap, which I consider an incredible piece, the IS one is the best complimentary figure to go with it. Nothing else will fit in as good as that one.
I agree.

And as someone who has almost all of Iron Studios large scale MCU pieces since their AOU lines, it's a great set if you can get a good one.

But please note, that the pair of AOU pieces are slightly out of scale with many other 1/4 pieces from other manufacturers. Heck even their own Team Cap pieces from their Civil War line look small in comparison to Team Stark and the AOU pieces.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #50
Drakonnen

Quote:
The pictures of the Iron Man Mark 3 release so far haven't been great, but considering I can only find the Iron Studios one for like $1,200 currently, I'm gonna wait and see how they look together when I get it, and if not I'll send it back, bite the bullet and get this one.