Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-04-2017, 01:14 AM   #22941
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Split - 9.5/10

Wow! This film blew me away on every level. M. Night Shyamalan's best work by far! I can't believe I didn't see this sooner and I also can't believe I didn't read about the surprise ending before seeing this thus spoiling my experience. Holy crap I was floored with the reveal at the end. So much so that it made me want to watch the film again immediately with fresh eyes. James McAvoy delivers the performance of his career, truly award worthy. The score, atmosphere and layered narrative are haunting. Probably more a work of horror than any of Shyamalan's work before this. I can't wait for.... I won't say it, but those that have seen this know what I'm talking about. Just an amazing piece of incredibly smart and cunning cinema.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:56 AM   #22942
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

It - 4/10. Meh. Typical monster movie. Nothing special.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #22943
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Split - 9.5/10

Wow! This film blew me away on every level. M. Night Shyamalan's best work by far! I can't believe I didn't see this sooner and I also can't believe I didn't read about the surprise ending before seeing this thus spoiling my experience. Holy crap I was floored with the reveal at the end. So much so that it made me want to watch the film again immediately with fresh eyes. James McAvoy delivers the performance of his career, truly award worthy. The score, atmosphere and layered narrative are haunting. Probably more a work of horror than any of Shyamalan's work before this. I can't wait for.... I won't say it, but those that have seen this know what I'm talking about. Just an amazing piece of incredibly smart and cunning cinema.

Honestly man Mcavoy really brought his A game. His performance was Oscar worthy in my book.

Good to see Shyamalan back in form as well.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 AM   #22944
Luminous
Cyclops

Man, Split really wasn't on my radar. Added to the list now.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #22945
Saturday_Knight_Surfer
U talkin' to me?

Blade Runner 2049 - 9.5/10

American Made - 7.5/10
Saturday_Knight_Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #22946
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Just watched a documentary on Netflix called "What the Health". It was without question one of the most shocking, disgusting, disappointing, and depressing documentaries I have ever seen. The sheer level of greed and corruption that has infilltrated the U.S. food industry is mind blowing. I am not naive as I have learned a lot in recent years from people like Jamie Oliver, but what this documentary displayed was downright frightening.

The filmmaker went to associations like the American Health Association, the American Diabetes Foundation, The American Heart Association, and all was good as long the discussion dealt with diseases and treatment of diseases, but the minute diet and nutrution was touched on, the interviews were immeditaly over. These people clammed up like the filmmaker had touched on some TOP SECRET topic that could have you lined up and shot if caught discussing. The sudden chage in demeanor from the head of the American Diabetes Foundation was mind blowing. He immeditaly stood up and ripped his microphone off saying "this interview is over", simply becasue the filmmaker touched on the topic of diet and nutrition. The head of the American Diabetes Foundation!!! Diet is imperative when you have diabetes. They don't want to prevent these diseases. They want to treat them as its VASTLY more profitable. 1.5 trillion every year is spent on diet related diseases in the US.

And what they do with pig waste in North Carolina, basically the pig farming capitol of America, is equally mind blowing. There are 10 million pigs in North Carolina that wind up creating waste that amounts to 100 million people. And there is no proper waste disposal at all. Zip, nodda, none. They basically just let it seep in the ground, or dump it in ponds, rivers and lakes. They even spray it all over these huge lots of land with industrial size sprinkling systems you usually see used for spraying water on wheat and corn fields. The people who live nearby say it smells worse than a dead body and they all have extremely high rates of asthma, cancer, etc.

Honestly, that was an hour and a half of the most shocking content I have ever seen. The more you learn the more you realize this country is in desparate need of ONE BIG reset button. Just pull the plug and start over.

Here is the trailer, which by itself is pretty shocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi21Ex9kMqs

"What the Health" - Easy 10/10.
Saw this on Monday and have been trying to go vegan since, Truly disturbing
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #22947
moon_knight1971
Rescue

IT (remake) 7.5/10 Wasn't taken by the film like most others. Cast was good but the cast alone does not make the movie.

Kidnap 8/10
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #22948
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Blade Runner: The Final Cut (2007)

I've seen both the theatrical and director's cuts, but this was my first time seeing the restored and enhanced Final Cut from a few years ago. I've always loved this movie, but seeing this version may make it my all-time favorite sci-fi film. 10/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #22949
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Blade Runner 2049 10/10

Visual and cinematic masterpiece for me. Going again to see it this weekend.

Dolby Atmos is insane.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:01 AM   #22950
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Blade Runner 2049 10/10

Visual and cinematic masterpiece for me. Going again to see it this weekend.

Dolby Atmos is insane.
Is Atmos much better?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote