Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #11
SD RUM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

They all look great.
SD RUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:37 AM   #12
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polystoner View Post
Yeah, the faces are particularly nice. Sometimes in that anime genre, the faces look generic.

Which is why you're buying it right? For the faces?

That bust is unreal...
Um, yeah...the faces...

I've been researching them, and I've heard a few people say that Non-Non and Shion (that gorgeous hot bust) will be released in the US (in an edited state, I guess it'd be too racy for over here?) in PVC form, but nothing concrete. I like the PVC versions vs. kits only because of the ease, low price point, and I've not had any problems with the dreaded "PVC droop." (And yes, I'm aware that sounds like a VD. )

Thanks to all for the pointers!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #13
Lay-Z-boy
Sinister Six

http://www.hobbyfan.com/
Lay-Z-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #14
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

I try to avoid Japanese PVC with every possible efforts but there's always something that draw me back in again, I so hate and love it.

Everytime I sent me request out to my dealer means another strike on my account.

Japanese PVC status have a few characteristic makes them hard to follow.

--The incredible releasing rate: can easily release over 20 PVC statues per month.

--Too many companies: I can name over 15 companies wihtout thinking and that's prepainted PVC, that doesn't includes pre-painted statues or kits.

--No specific lines or organization: PVC statues can based on anything and I do mean anything. The original art work by artists, anime characters, game characters, comics characters or even novel. Companies release them in random order and you just never know what's going to come out next.

--The ever increasing price: Still remember when PVS statues first made available to market which is about 5 or 6 years ago. The general price range was around 2900 Yen to 3400 Yen which is about $25 to $30 USD.
But the PVC statues now can easily go as high as 6800 Yen to 12900 Yen which is $65 to $120 USD.

--Multiple versions of a same character: Onegai Teacher and witchblade can be of good examples, almost every single companies are making the same character at the same time.
And Japanese companies LOVE "nonsense variants". The variant doesn't have to make sense, some with the outfit you never seen, some are simply stupid repaint. They can put out a same PVC statue with over 4 different versions of swin suit color, and one of them might even be "Limited Eidtion or Exclusive" which is actually not.

Everytime I open up the website that my dealer order from, they alwasy have something new, and the amount Ameraica imported is merely the tip of the iceberg...

They make this hobby really painful.
I bought my Tendem Twin Animal Girls in Japan last year, it was a new release and the first one was the Lynx sisters.
And when I saw the Leopard sisters in my LCS last week I figured I missed something.
Just as I assumed, I missed out the Sheep sisters, so I ordered them. AND I found out there're optional parts for the Leopard sisters...
Alright it cost me about $200 just to catch up with this line, and there're only three relaeses in this line so far, so just imagine if I missed out other lines with more releases, I don't think a lot of people can afford that...

I'm not spoiling the fun, just I've been in this market longer than you guys do so wanna share some of my opinions with those who's about to start.
Hope you guys find it useful.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #15
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

I feel your pain, Rider! I've been collecting Godzilla vinyls for 20 years now, and they have the same problems. Too many companies, too many versions, too many non-sensical paint jobs (When was Godzilla pink with yellow stripes?)...

...Yet I still buy them.
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:15 AM   #16
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Durfey View Post
I feel your pain, Rider! I've been collecting Godzilla vinyls for 20 years now, and they have the same problems. Too many companies, too many versions, too many non-sensical paint jobs (When was Godzilla pink with yellow stripes?)...

...Yet I still buy them.
That's cool, Godzilla has always been a popular stuff and the products usually have pretty good quality assurance so Godzilla is not as bad as some other anime/manga PVC statues.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote