Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-18-2017, 09:23 PM   #121
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yes, when you compare the two, this really looks to me like the best bang for the price.
Especially if you missed the Thanos EX. You could spend the same $1200 and get a 400 edition size EX Darkseid OR a 2000 or 2500 edition size (just a guess) regular Thanos.

And don't get me wrong - I'm not bashing the beauty of the Thanos statue. I'm just throwing the comparison out there.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #122
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Really like it and will be ordering. EX is not a must imo.
I wish the ex was a more classic body and head swap out. Go all the way.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #123
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Ordered the second it went up for sale.

I have Thanos on pre-order and really wanted to add Darkseid as well to my setup. The PF Darkseid I think would look to small next to the Thanos on throne. Also the texture/detail/paint on the Prime Darkseid will match better with Thanos.

Here's a quick size comparison, all statues are tilted forward but each statue is set to scale. The Prime Darkseid is humongeuous.. he's gonna be way bulkier then Thanos but in my opinion will look better compared to the Darkseid PF which will look to small. Going by their statistics Darkseid is about 2 feet taller then Thanos. So comparing Thanos on Throne and Prime Darkseid, if Thanos were standing I think its pretty close in height to where they should be at.. its just Darkseid will be waaay bulkier. But comparing Thanos to the SS Darkseid, if Thanos were standing he would too tall in comparison and not accurate.

If I remember correctly Thanos should be 6' 7" and Darkseid is 8' 9".

Again this is all rough estimates but the Prime Darkseid base should be around 9" ..statue is 32" ..which makes him 23" tall, slightly slouched over.
Thanos is 21" sitting, theres really no base height, so Im estimating if he stood up he'd be another 3-4" taller.. putting him around 25" tall.
Prime Darkseid is hunched over so add some height and he should be roughly 2 feet taller then Thanos, right where he should be. Just a LOT bulkier. But Darkseid does have the power to grow so all is good depending how you look at it.

And as for the Darkseid PF, base looks roughly 6" ..statue is 26", putting Darkseid standing at the same height as Thanos sitting ...doesnt work.

My main statue room is filled up so I was planning on adding a few pieces to the bedroom, if the wife doesnt kill me ..so having Darkseid at one end and Thanos on the other but higher up, something like this...

I think a lot of people will be disappointed in the size of Thanos. It is not small but on a throne it is only 21 inches. Initial pictures made the Thanos look huge, but seeing it next to this puts it in perspective.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:01 AM   #124
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
I think a lot of people will be disappointed in the size of Thanos. It is not small but on a throne it is only 21 inches. Initial pictures made the Thanos look huge, but seeing it next to this puts it in perspective.
I am going to politely disagree. I believe the prototype exceeded expectations. If the production pieces are a good representation, there's going to be some happy collectors. Not being as big as Darkseid (which he's not supposed to be) does not diminish it.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:13 AM   #125
COI

Good lord, this is a beast of a statue and I really like the EX head.

I just hate that New 52 costume, which has nothing to do with Prime 1 of course. At that price, maybe I dodged a bullet.

Amazing work. Congrats to those of you who are fans of this version.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 AM   #126
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
they made thanos look way bigger than he really is. Anything on a throne is normally not as big as we may think. The throne itself will be huge. The character itself is decent here but not as big as we believe it to be. It's the same with xm mags.
As others mentioned I'm totally in shock how the ss thanos is the same price as the massive p1 darksied at double the size. SS prices has gotten to the point of being totally ridiculous. But saying that because of Harbottles work I still want it. Life is rough but as long as I get statues im hanging on dear life.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:09 AM   #127
SuperJ300
Zot

This looks epic!!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #128
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
ORDERED... now all i want is a reverse flash and my dc villains are complete
I've wanted a comic Zoom for years.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #129
risingstar
Jedi Order

Wow... that is a lot for a 1/4 scale statue, even for one this nice. I would have considered it at $699, maybe $799. Asking $1250 is kookoo money. These recent prices hikes have surpassed my cost VS enjoyment ratio. After shipping and taxes, this will cost well over 2k Canadian.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #130
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Pass due to price. Is it a statue that would be worth the $1200 relative to the SS thanos? Yes because of size and quality but my days of $700+ PFs are over
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote