Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #191
SONICobra
Batman

oh for some reason i thought at one point it was pushed back, bah... guess that makes sense it wouldnt have been scheduled for a few months from now
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #192
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
oh for some reason i thought at one point it was pushed back, bah... guess that makes sense it wouldnt have been scheduled for a few months from now
Yeah, I think the plan was to move Star Wars back into the summer to avoid running into Avatar sequels, but James Cameron keeps delaying those anyway.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:20 PM   #193
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Think what you like about Kennedy, rightly or wrongly, but to keep the record straight, that t-shirt "thing" was a pre-existing NIKE ad, okay? You may argue she co-opted it for her own purposes, but please keep it factual and with full disclosure. Just saying.... carry on.

https://bentcorner.com/the-force-is-female/
All I said was she had a T-shirt, didn't say she made it from scratch, obviously she wasn't wearing it to advertise for Nike, she wore it to make a point about Star Wars... To say otherwise is being very naïve...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:25 PM   #194
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i was watching a video on this last night theorizing that the 3 year extension is not necessarily a win for her. disney has stated they are slowing down SW movies and pushed ep IX back a year. i dont think they could get anyone to currently take over this mess so theyre letting her wrap her trilogy up before handing the franchise over to someone else
If that was the case this is nothing more than a payoff, hush money. I figure this is nothing more than a last ditch shakedown on her part. Firing her potentially causes a media circus and unwanted attention on the Disney front if she played the sexism card. Iger's a hostage here since Disney isn't looking to go to war with 50% of their market they probably gave her the 3 years to sit back and make her money as they announce they will be pulling back their movie releases ( convenient timing) knowing they can wait it out and maybe start anew when the stench clears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
obviously she wasn't wearing it to advertise for Nike, she wore it to make a point about Star Wars... To say otherwise is being very dishonest...
Fixed it for ya.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:46 AM   #195
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
All I said was she had a T-shirt, didn't say she made it from scratch, obviously she wasn't wearing it to advertise for Nike, she wore it to make a point about Star Wars... To say otherwise is being very naïve...
The difference is that a reasonable person might allow or concede a point contrary to their own... as I did say, "You may argue she co-opted it for her own purposes", and I don't believe for a minute that she didn't, but you (and others) just seem to go off on a rant at every opportunity to rage against rampant feminism run amok. Issues much? To quote The Bard of Avon... "The (lady) doth protest too much, methinks." - Hamlet -
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:17 AM   #196
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
The difference is that a reasonable person might allow or concede a point contrary to their own... as I did say, "You may argue she co-opted it for her own purposes", and I don't believe for a minute that she didn't, but you (and others) just seem to go off on a rant at every opportunity to rage against rampant feminism run amok. Issues much? To quote The Bard of Avon... "The (lady) doth protest too much, methinks." - Hamlet -
I'm more then willing to concede a point if the counterpoint makes any sense, implying she woke up one morning and put on the t-shirt as if it was a complete coincidence is rather far fetch... Which I know you agree but if your going to play devils advocate you have to have good counterpoints..

As far as sounding like a broken record, well yeah that's probably true but it's not my fault the topic came back around to Kennedy due to her contract extension from Disney... It's the only reason I brought it up again and I was bored at work
Old 10-02-2018, 02:36 AM   #197
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
As far as sounding like a broken record, well yeah that's probably true but it's not my fault the topic came back around to Kennedy due to her contract extension from Disney... It's the only reason I brought it up again and I was bored at work
Fair enough!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:27 AM   #198
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

My predictions:

1. Luke force ghosts and explains to Rey that he had been under the influence of Snokes dark power. He regrets ever leaving and turning his back on the Jedi order.

2. C3PO and R2 retire from their life of adventure. “Should we wipe their memories?”. “No. These droids have earned their souls.”. I may cry at this point.

3. Chewbacca comes in contact with an exhiled tribe of Wookies. They get him out of some kind of jam and he goes with them to their camp to live.

4. Poe gets promoted to something. He was embarrassed enough in the last one.

5. The knights of Ren make an appearance. Kylo will sacrifice himself fighting them in his final choice to help Rey and his mother. It will be his final act of good and will redeem him.

6. We’ll find out Kylo was lying. Rey will have a critical lineage. I Believe she may have been born as a counter to anakin where he was born from good and turned bad while she was born from bad and turned good. She was dumped on jakku in exile so she did not hurt anyone. Her Mary Sue qualifies are an inherent power fueled by the dark side.

7. Rose gets court marshalled and executed by firing squad (I wish).

8. Rey will defeat kylo again. She will show she is more powerful yet resign to use her power on him as she believes he is good. This is what will flip kylo to a Goodie. It’s very ROTJ-ish and fits the SJW narrative of women showing men how to not be idiots and encourage them to redeem themselves.

9. Leia will not die. She will take the droids.

10. The first order has to end. There will be civil war within the first order between kylo and Hux. Remember, the first order is made up of slaves. That is Finns story...he broke the bonds of his masters. Hux will be defeated.

11. The republic shows up. Nobody turned out to help in the big fight in TLJ. That really sucks and this movie has kind of a “why bother saving those jerks” vibe. The republic will have a reason for not being there. Planets held hostage by the first order like in TPM. This will crumble when Hux is defeated.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:31 AM   #199
Gothamite
Phoenix

It'd be great if people just didn't watch this movie, let it lose money like So Low.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:38 AM   #200
built2shred
Phoenix

I wonder if the movie starts out with some "Your Mamma is so fat" jokes