Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #71
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
As much as I want this, I'm leaning towards passing. If it was priced better I would probably fit it in, but between the new Thor/Venom bust/P1 Predator line.. I don't think this is going to make the cut.

Even though he is massive.. $1k for a 1/4 scale is a tough pill to swallow.
Agreed. I have been interested in this peice and was planning on ordering but the price has surprised me enough to reconsider. I’m thinking I’ll likely pass now.

Also when considering size, make sure you look at the right “scale image”. There are 2 images on SS site that are WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY off.......
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #72
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Because of space and/finances?

But in either case, go with what you really connect with, and will continue to in years to come.
Yup space and money. Just moved to a new house and don’t have as much space as before. And my job now is a little bit lower-Paying so I need to be picky with pre orders from here on out.

On one hand Jurassic Park is iconic and one of my favorite movies ever, and the half of the diorama is insane. But then again thanos wasn’t portrayed to perfection in the movie and I don’t think we will ever see a better representation of him on screen.

Decisions, decisions...
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:25 PM   #73
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
Yup space and money. Just moved to a new house and don’t have as much space as before. And my job now is a little bit lower-Paying so I need to be picky with pre orders from here on out.

On one hand Jurassic Park is iconic and one of my favorite movies ever, and the half of the diorama is insane. But then again thanos wasn’t portrayed to perfection in the movie and I don’t think we will ever see a better representation of him on screen.

Decisions, decisions...
Them fighting words.

But with limited space it'll probably be best for you to go with Jurassic Park, as that is a film which has stood the test of time. And while Infinity War is my favourite and most enjoyable MCU film, it's not the 'best' in the series imo, and only time will tell if people feel the same about it in the years to come.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #74
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

This piece is fairly massive for a 1/4 scale piece in height (28.5") and for its sheer physical for the figure itself, and is being priced at what is Prime 1's standard for their 'basic' 1/3 scale pieces.

Though slightly smaller than those Arkham pieces, I don't think the price is too bad, once you add the usual mark ups that some movie and Iron Studio pieces seem to receive.

And come on, this is THANOS!
Old 08-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #75
101son
Justice League

nice looking piece but damn this is Thanos on Throne money and the 2 are not much of a comparison imo

cheers to anyone getting this guy, ill enjoy it from a distance
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #76
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
nice looking piece but damn this is Thanos on Throne money and the 2 are not much of a comparison imo

cheers to anyone getting this guy, ill enjoy it from a distance
At least it's not Doomsday money. It's still pretty much 20% cheaper than that particular piece.

And still cheaper than Thanos on Throne, at its retail and especially it's aftermarket prices.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #77
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Crap I meant to say he WAS portrayed to perfection in the movie. Damn autocorrect...
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:18 PM   #78
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
Crap I meant to say he WAS portrayed to perfection in the movie. Damn autocorrect...
I was hoping that's what you meant and what had occurred.

But you never know.....
Old 08-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #79
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

1K Yeesh. This went from maybe to nope.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #80
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
That's how I feel too. But I don't think P1 Predator line will be cheaper than 1K.
I def expect P1 1/3 and Bust to be 1K+, if their 1/4 scales are 1K I will be passing on them.

But Predator is also higher on my list than movie Thanos.

Congrats to everyone that is purchasing it though, I'm sure it will look great in your collections.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote