Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-31-2018, 05:35 AM   #151
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Your opinion really doesn't matter bro. He is a veteran on the field, you ain't.
Not being sold on this piece doesn't necessarily mean disrespect Julien's work or question his credentials. As i said i've been following him since the very first works..

But i can't disagree with Fu_Manchu because when i think of JP Rex i think of the CG version. It's the only one you see full body.
The only one you see walking, running, hunting and fighting on screen. In 4 scenes vs 1, at night, of the animatronics.

So, even if detail on this is the most accurate ever to the full size model, at the same time to me the piece feels less accurate than the maquettes, CC Breakout, IS or even Papo, just because all of those resemble more the body you see in the movie.

But these are just opinions, no need to take feedback in a petty manner, and Julien has been incredible so far on this matter.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:46 AM   #152
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Not being sold on this piece doesn't necessarily mean disrespect Julien's work or question his credentials. As i said i've been following him since the very first works..

But when i think of JP Rex i think of the CG version. It's the only one you see full body.
The only one you see walking, running, hunting and fighting on screen. In 4 scenes vs 1, at night, of the animatronics.

So, even if detail on this is the most accurate ever to the full size model, at the same time to me the piece feels less accurate than the maquettes, CC Breakout, IS or even Papo, just because all of those resemble more the body you see in the movie

But these are just opinions, no need to take feedback in a petty manner, and Julien has been incredible so far on this matter.
Thats great than you get the other option from another company than if you think they are more accurate.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:11 AM   #153
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Thats great than you get the other option from another company than if you think they are more accurate.
Sure.. they're not Prime 1, but sure. Again, to be totally clear, i was talking about the body and not in general.. from more than one point of view of course is this the most accurate.

Great picture from P1 btw:

Old 07-31-2018, 11:48 AM   #154
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Sure.. they're not Prime 1, but sure. Again, to be totally clear, i was talking about the body and not in general.. from more than one point of view of course is this the most accurate.

Great picture from P1 btw:

it looks insane here!!!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:34 PM   #155
thx217
Ultimates

Now that's a great shot. I'll take just the head(and the base).

thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:20 PM   #156
VickPS
Blue Falcon

I think you forgot something..

Spoiler

Seriously so hyped for this, wanted an official JP goat since i first got my Kenner rex. Twenty-four years have passed and that day has finally arrived, from Prime 1 Studio no less. lol

Now just add some real fur here and there like with Kong and i'll gladly pay the full price of the entire thing just for the goat.. like, treating the rest as a sort of super deluxe in-scale accessories.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:39 PM   #157
Gruson
Suicide Squad

After actually comparing them, the Prime 1 version could benefit by gaining some weight.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #158
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

I think P1s JP/JW pieces will only gain in popularity and respect when final product starts shipping and folks can compare them to the final production pieces of other companies. Most people I've shown these pics too believe it's the most accurate JP Rex other than the original maquette. IMO it's a more accurate sculpt compared to the IS Rex
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:38 PM   #159
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
I think P1s JP/JW pieces will only gain in popularity and respect when final product starts shipping and folks can compare them to the final production pieces of other companies. Most people I've shown these pics too believe it's the most accurate JP Rex other than the original maquette. IMO it's a more accurate sculpt compared to the IS Rex
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:52 PM   #160
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
I still prefer the sculpt on the CC breakout, but production paint was an issue on that one. If this was IS size might consider it, but doesn't fill the void I have between the CC breakout and the 1/5 like a 1/10 would. Hopefully the rotunda is larger, I was disappointed to see Chronicles was gong to be on the small size also.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote