Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-29-2017, 12:32 AM   #901
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
I'll be getting it, but I rarely pre-order. I love this one.
Have you seen it? They have photos up now
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:11 AM   #902
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
If this statue really does as bad as I expect maybe there's hope! Classic Perez version!
My only fear is that this sells so badly that SSC doesn't even consider a revisit of the character in his classic Perez costume.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:25 AM   #903
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
My only fear is that this sells so badly that SSC doesn't even consider a revisit of the character in his classic Perez costume.
They would be smart to launch a variant asap.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #904
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
They would be smart to launch a variant asap.
I'm not sure I'd even buy a variant. I'm open to the idea but the sculpt is too smooth and feminine looking for my tastes. I think someone else hit it on the head when they said....it looks like a normal dude in cosplay you'd see at a CON. Slade needs to look like an elite athlete. He's the world's most dangerous mercenary. Beef him up a bit and put him in the Perez costume already. Don't try to make him a ninja and do make the damn sword ornate like it is in the comics. The sword is very distinctive. It's not just a blade. There's a story behind the sword. To some it all up, I'd probably just want a new statue of the character over a variant.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #905
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I'm not sure I'd even buy a variant. I'm open to the idea but the sculpt is too smooth and feminine looking for my tastes. I think someone else hit it on the head when they said....it looks like a normal dude in cosplay you'd see at a CON. Slade needs to look like an elite athlete. He's the world's most dangerous mercenary. Beef him up a bit and put him in the Perez costume already. Don't try to make him a ninja and do make the damn sword ornate like it is in the comics. The sword is very distinctive. It's not just a blade. There's a story behind the sword. To some it all up, I'd probably just want a new statue of the character over a variant.
Plus, his daughter Rose aka Ravager is the one that dual wields 2 swords, not Deathstroke. Plus why not give us more switch out options. You have to have him with his unmasked portrait. Hell Funko even did that you would think the "highest" form of a character's collectible would at least have that. I just hope XM, Prime 1 or a revisit from sideshow comes out with a comic book version that does this character justice ASAP.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #906
AC_808
Hercules

A total resculpt of this statue to a classic form ...is SORELY NEEDED!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #907
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I skipped this and went another (better) route.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #908
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
Plus, his daughter Rose aka Ravager is the one that dual wields 2 swords, not Deathstroke. Plus why not give us more switch out options. You have to have him with his unmasked portrait. Hell Funko even did that you would think the "highest" form of a character's collectible would at least have that. I just hope XM, Prime 1 or a revisit from sideshow comes out with a comic book version that does this character justice ASAP.
Could've rolled with Rose in this style costume actually. Just not Slade.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:58 AM   #909
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
Yeah, agreed. This PF needed a classic Perez costume, a more muscular build, a COH unmasked Slade portrait, a switch out gun or rifle carrying hand, and the true Deathstroke broadsword. They decided to give us a cosplay ninja with a Deathstroke mask on.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #910
Crash421
Sinister Six

SDCC Vid of Deathstroke and Bane

https://youtu.be/AqwIe0Xlto8
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote