Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-09-2011, 04:23 AM   #11
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

In the past Captain America used a gun in addiation to his shield as far as I know but they later removed it i so it's no big surpise that he uses a gun now.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #12
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

When Bucky (Winter Soldier) was Cap, he carried a gun because he had no qualms about firing it at people. I didn't think when Steve became Cap again that he picked up a gun.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Yeesh... You guys could really benefit from trying a bit harder to see new things more through the eyes of a children/teens and less through the eyes of 50 year old men who have become increasingly difficult to please over the years...

When you were 8, while watching the 60s Spiderman cartoon, did you question how he could turn his webbing into a motor for a speedboat or into a baseball bat? No. Let the kids have some fun. Cartoons don't have to be super realistic or 150% faithful to 70 years of comics history. No wonder kids don't buy comics. The near geriatric whiny fuddy duddys have all but taken all the fun out of it for them because they demand massive boobs, dark depressing grim grit up the wazoo, and complicated storylines which take two years to get anywhere.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 AM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm glad to see Batman making a return in animated form with his own series. "The Brave and the Bold" wasn't my style and neither was the re-imagined "The Batman" which preceded it. While I'm not anticipating this to be near the quality of BTAS it might be on par with Batman Beyond. I need to see more of the animation style before forming an opinion on how it looks but I'm optimistic.

Love the "DC Nation" concept. Hopefully this is something that will continue and as one series gets completed another will move in to take its place.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Beware the Batman! New Animated Series.

Cartoon Network Wants You to Beware the Batman!

Source: SHH

Quote:
Cartoon Network has announced that a new Batman series is premiering later this year. Called "Beware the Batman," the new show will be the first to adapt the caped crusader with CGI animation. Check out the first piece of teaser artwork beneath the official description:

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans. With WBA’s Sam Register executive producing, and Batman Beyond’s Glen Murakami and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated’s Mitch Watson producing, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming soon to Cartoon Network!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I am super interested to see how this one goes. WB is taking a pile of risks with direction on this series. I have a feeling that Batman in it will play closer to "The Batman" than the B&B or B:TAS versions.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #17
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Does sound like for younger viewers.
CessnaDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #18
MrYac
Hercules

random villians i'm fine with, but does he really need a "lethal swordstress Katana"
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
patrickwm68
The Flash

I don't know about this whole CGI thing. I'm still not crazy about the CGI used in Green Lantern.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #20
MrYac
Hercules

i haven't watched it but the animation in GL looks awful to me from the commercials alone
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote