Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #1241
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
WOW! What is happening at Sideshow??? This new Magneto looks like an old statue. Boring and should not be more than $499. XM BLOWS this piece out of the water and why would Sideshow make a Magneto that is so far below XM or even newer customs???? 10 years in the making and this was the best sculpt??? I wanted this for ages and thought it would at least be nearly as cool as XM but this piece is not even cooler than the comiquette and is likely the same scale. It is so plain and the opposite of Dyanamic and cool it must for sure just be a cash grab for suckers and the real Magneto statue will come out in another years or so. No way this was even the 3rd best sculpt on there desk in the last 6 years, best to produce the lame one and sell it out then release a great dynamic sculpt later. Cant see any other reason for something so plain with no WOW factor at all.
So the goal is to release ANOTHER magneto in a few years? Do you see how long it takes to touch any character that isn't AAA? Than add in the Xmen / Marvel hold up and that its a dude, This is it for SSC and Magneto for a long time.... IMO
BlackestNight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #1242
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I don't think that'll work out too well, man. The reason being is because, like XM's helmeted Magneto head sculpt, his nose protrudes past the face of the helmet. It'll look too dumb if you blacken out the face because you'll see nothing but a big black nose sticking out past the helmet. It was one of the minor nit-picks I had about the helmeted sculpt on XM's and now Sideshow has done the same thing on their new PF. Had Sideshow and XM sculpted the helmets in the same fashion as Koto's 1/6th and Sideshow's own Comiquette, you'd have definitely been able to pull off that blacked-out comic face. Vince Vell did a terrific job blackening out the face for the Koto Mags and the Sideshow Comi, because the helmets were sculpted in a way that didn't allow for the face to protrude past their mandibles. He made vids of both custom paint jobs.
That's a really good point man, thanks. It would totally stick out and look bad. Would have to file the nose and mouth down. Personally, I dislike the helmeted head and would take a chance with that. Of course, if the EX head is awesome.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #1243
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
So the goal is to release ANOTHER magneto in a few years? Do you see how long it takes to touch any character that isn't AAA? Than add in the Xmen / Marvel hold up and that its a dude, This is it for SSC and Magneto for a long time.... IMO
Prime 1 has the X Men License no ?
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #1244
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Meh.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #1245
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
Sadly, you are probably correct. I was just hoping after passing on the XM as I was sure Sideshow would do one as cool/better and missed out on deals on the XM when it was new. Now I am stuck looking elsewhere for a Magneto which after waiting years for just sucks.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:30 PM   #1246
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
What I would like to know is why some people make fun of Magneto wearing "purple underwear", but have no issue with Superman wearing red ones.

IMO, classic is classic and Magneto deserved the classic treatment with SS' first attempt.
Spot on Demona. Give us the classics first. After that, I don't care what costume is used.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:37 PM   #1247
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Didn't some quickly sell away thier xm mags expecting this ss mags to replace it before they saw the pics. I was so close to doing it. But glad I held off now. Whew...
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #1248
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I really like the base. I'm sure if mag was sculpted with more musculature everybody would buy this
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:40 AM   #1249
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaza5555 View Post
Going to say it once more, this statue is a different experience when viewed in person. Looked great!
Yeah I was at SDCC and i thought it was fantastic. I haven't been on the forums so I'll have to read what people don't like. Not going to change my view Day 1 pre-order.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:03 AM   #1250
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
What I would like to know is why some people make fun of Magneto wearing "purple underwear", but have no issue with Superman wearing red ones.

IMO, classic is classic and Magneto deserved the classic treatment with SS' first attempt.

2nd attempt.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote