Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #91
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
A 1/4 scale queen would be 5 feet tall.
yeah, pass. Glad there are some collectors that want that.

I prefer more manageable sizes.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #92
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Pros:

- Details
- Paint
- Base
- Pose

Iffy:

- Facehuggers: they look like they're decorations on the eggs.

- Alien Warriors: Its not the size of the warriors vs the queen that I noticed but the size of the warriors vs the eggs.

Overall: An awesome piece. If it was a little cheaper I'd buy it in a heart beat. Thinking about this one. I always loved the Alien Queen the most of the Xenomorphs
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #93
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

it is down to what size we are collecting and how we perceive things. for me, I'd buy a queen with at least 1/6 scale because that's the minimum scale I'm collecting. I love her too much I dont want my 1/4 hulkbuster to tower the queen.
I've made a mistake with 1/20 scale t-rex from chronicle. she doesnt fit anywhere within my collection. I would not make the same mistake with the queen.
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:46 AM   #94
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Very nice from the videos and images! Wish this was in a smaller scale as too big to be part of a collection as it is itself a collection...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:37 AM   #95
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I wonder can we display the queen without the warriors and the facehuggers.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:10 AM   #96
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
I wonder can we display the queen without the warriors and the facehuggers.
You could always find the older Queen dio, might see some up for sale given this announcement...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...hive/?sku=9109
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #97
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Well thank you for the compliment, while advice is appreciated, it will fall on death ears in this case as we seem to have different tastes, which is fine. A museum pose does not necessarily equate to an action figure look.

I can see why such static poses are not for everybody of course. But Coolprops clearly set out to make an accurate representation of the real suit as it sits today in the Giger museum and they have succeeded spectacularly in that regard. We've never seen an Alien sculpt this good before. The pose is inoffensive and demands all focus on the creature design itself, and given how close they have got it to the real thing, that's just fine by me and I'd love to have a bit of Giger history like that in my house. I will say that I would prefer they at least took a little artistic liberty to add some simple aesthetics to the base, a Nostromo style floor for example. But otherwise I love that thing. If you know of a figure that looks like it however, I'm all ears And I am pretty concerned about Coolprops production pieces tbh, that's why I was excited when we thought P1 were involved..

All of that said, as overjoyed as I am at an accurate Big chap prop from Coolprops, I'm also incredibly excited to see what Prime 1 (and others including Sideshow) can do to try and match it. If P1 can make something that looks almost as good as the CP version, with a nice living pose, well I'll be doubly happy and there is certainly room for both in my display (If I can afford it)

As for the Queen maquette potentially having being 30" tall, that would no doubt be cool I agree (I like bigger scales also) The problem there is that it would also be around 30" deep also, and I'd imagine a large amount of potential customers would struggle to fit that into their displays. The Big chap is one thing, you can make him 1/3 not problem as he's tall and skinny, the Queen is a different beast entirely.
Well, you speak with the BIGGEST fan of MUSEUM poses and a man who HATES tooooooo many things going on with a statue. 100% of the people on this forum know that forps HATES anything looking toy-ish. An exception would be the new Deadpool PFFs cause they suit the characters.

But in this case with Coolprops, its not a museum pose, it has NO pose! I know that its "posed" like the Giger one, nevertheless the ACTION FIGURE-vibe is toooooooo strong.

An example. I LOVE Superman 1/2 from Prime1, but i HATE Batman 1/2 from Prime1! Superman's pose is a museum one and fits the character, whereas Batman's pose is tooooo awkward. I love museum poses, but in Coolprops case there is no pose. Sorry, Python but if you CANT get what im saying with one glimpse of the statue, then you are never going to "get" my feelings towards this new offering.

Nevertheless, if you like the new Coolprops 1/3, its ok. Go ahead and buy it. It was only a suggestion i made!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #98
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan View Post
it is down to what size we are collecting and how we perceive things. for me, I'd buy a queen with at least 1/6 scale because that's the minimum scale I'm collecting. I love her too much I dont want my 1/4 hulkbuster to tower the queen.
I've made a mistake with 1/20 scale t-rex from chronicle. she doesnt fit anywhere within my collection. I would not make the same mistake with the queen.
Yep another collector stating the SAME im telling Sideshow ONE F...G YEAR NOW!!! NO PUNY ALIENS or PREDATORS. MAKE THEM HUGE...its EXACTLY what im shouting to Sideshow. They RUINED this sculpt by making it TOOOOOO small.

This is PERFECT, pose, attitude, style, its MILES BETTER than the new Queen from Matrix (the unlicensed one), actually Sideshow's sculpt KILLS everything ever made (Alien-related)

But one "smart" guy decided to make this Queen a PUNY one, like the new Warrior or King! Nearly 100% of possible customers or buyers of this are pissed off...

Sideshow @ todays prices, SIZE does matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan;5482144[I
]it is down to what size we are collecting and how we perceive things. for me, I'd buy a queen with at least 1/6 scale because that's the minimum scale I'm collecting. I love her too much I dont want my 1/4 hulkbuster to tower the queen.
I've made a mistake with 1/20 scale t-rex from chronicle. she doesnt fit anywhere within my collection. I would not make the same mistake with the queen.[/I]
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #99
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I like it,. The warriors look a little small but overall a nice diorama. I'll probably get one. Unless, I finish my 1/4 set up first.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #100
Fremen
Birds of Prey

This is really nice but I think I'll just stick with my older queen dio.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote