Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Gir
Death is hereditary.

I would recommend the Jawa. It's extremely well done, and it shouldn't cost too much compared to many of the Attakus statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Man
I'm quite into the lesser known charcters cos they havent been done to death. And as I have a gentle giant Vader and 3PO and will be getting the Maul and Chewie I wouldnt really want the attakus version.
*looks at responses so far in this thread*

Just goes to show how many people don't even bother to read posts longer than a couple sentences.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
Gir
Death is hereditary.

This is weird...my posts are appearing at the top of this thread.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
beav
Justice League

what do you guys think of the slave girl Leia?
beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
beav
Justice League

I think the board is being hacked or has a bug.....
beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
The Big Man
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Which is the best Star Wars Attakus statue on the market ???

Hi there everyone!! I'm relativly new to this statue lark and have began my collection with a gentle giant Darth Vader and C3PO, a couple of maquettes and a couple of busts. Now after looking at this forum I am being very tempted to get an attakus statue. I never realised how big they are. I understand an average character is around 15 inches high?? Because of their price I have decided I'm gonna go for one statue and limit myself to just one (I say that now but if they are as good as people are saying then who knows!!). But the question is which one??

I dont really know what the full list of them is, but what one staue would you guys out there suggest?? I'm quite into the lesser known charcters cos they havent been done to death. And as I have a gentle giant Vader and 3PO and will be getting the Maul and Chewie I wouldnt really want the attakus version. So which one do I go for?? If you could supply a picture as well I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys!!
The Big Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Probably the Boda Fett or Vader 1.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Go for either Darth 1 or Darth 2. Darth 1 seems to get the lion's share of acclaim with Darth 2 coming in a close second. They will set you back a few bucks though. Darth 1 can go for around $1500 while you can have Darth 2 for around $700.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:42 PM   #8
SpenK
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Man
Hi there everyone!! I'm relativly new to this statue lark and have began my collection with a gentle giant Darth Vader and C3PO, a couple of maquettes and a couple of busts. Now after looking at this forum I am being very tempted to get an attakus statue. I never realised how big they are. I understand an average character is around 15 inches high?? Because of their price I have decided I'm gonna go for one statue and limit myself to just one (I say that now but if they are as good as people are saying then who knows!!). But the question is which one??

I dont really know what the full list of them is, but what one staue would you guys out there suggest?? I'm quite into the lesser known charcters cos they havent been done to death. And as I have a gentle giant Vader and 3PO and will be getting the Maul and Chewie I wouldnt really want the attakus version. So which one do I go for?? If you could supply a picture as well I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys!!
I am Actually waitting for My First Attakus Darth Maul Japan Edition\....Lets See all the Hype.................I HOPE IT IS ALL I EXPECT.......
SpenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #9
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I have/had every single SW Attakus statue on the market, so I feel qualified to give you an answer based on that.
Today the only ones I don't have anymore are the new Trilogy ones(Maul, Padme etc)

My top 3 are:
1-Vader 1
2-Jabba
3-Vader 2

If you want to have just one and only one(even tough I doubt you will resist), then get Vader 1. If it's too expensive for ya, then go with Vader 2.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 PM   #10
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I have also had a lot of them and agree with cap.

Vader 1 is the best but costs over $1000 now.
Vader 2 is also great
Darth Maul is another good one if you like the prequels
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote