Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

9-11 release date for Black Ops.

Did the publishers really think it through when they picked the release date for this game - one in which terrorists are referred to?

When I walked into the shop and saw this I thought that what with the (admittedly overblown) controvery already surrounding it - 'being able to play as terrorists' - the fact that it is released on 9th November was a bit of an iffy decision.

For those in the world who don't put everything ass backwards like the Americans, this means that the date, as printed on the posters and stuff reads as:

9-11.

Now I know that it's not September 11th but when they print the date in the way that they have you can't but think of that atrocity which is not something that this game should be getting itself associated with in any way.

Still really looking forward to the game tho.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Er, when I see the date, I think of 9 November, or the American police number, or the crappy boy band with the same name.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
Did the publishers really think it through when they picked the release date for this game - one in which terrorists are referred to?

When I walked into the shop and saw this I thought that what with the (admittedly overblown) controvery already surrounding it - 'being able to play as terrorists' - the fact that it is released on 9th November was a bit of an iffy decision.

For those in the world who don't put everything ass backwards like the Americans, this means that the date, as printed on the posters and stuff reads as:

9-11.

Now I know that it's not September 11th but when they print the date in the way that they have you can't but think of that atrocity which is not something that this game should be getting itself associated with in any way.

Still really looking forward to the game tho.
The real atrocity is anyone caring about another Call of Duty game now that Infinity Ward has nothing to do with it.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhaha69 View Post
The real atrocity is anyone caring about another Call of Duty game now that Infinity Ward has nothing to do with it.
i had a hell of a lot more fun with world at war then i did with MW2
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The only thing I liked about WaW was the zombie mode.

I watched some trailers for Black ops, and I see there a new dive/forward roll type move. Great. Now all the d!ckheads in multiplayer will be doing that along with all their jumping up, lying down, crabbing side to side and generally jinking around when you are trying to shoot them! Just like real soldiers do!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
bruhaha69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i had a hell of a lot more fun with world at war then i did with MW2
On single player or MP? I only meant single player. The campaign of WaW was so cleary some other team using IF's development kit to try and create a game that fits into the CoD universe. You can't blame Treyarch for doing it, since that's exactly what they were supposed to be doing, but I can't help but play and constantly have that feeling of a poor man's CoD. It just tries too hard to fit in (very similar to how Bioshock 2 felt). The levels were also boring in design (aside from a choice few).

On the other hand, maybe this means that Black Ops won't have that same problem since they no longer have to live in infinity Ward's shadow.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

multi i liked WaW better, but i agree MW2 had a more fun single player
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
bruhaha69

I hear ya. Most people I've asked about the MP have said the same.