Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
mkcopeland
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

360 HD-DVD / PS3 BLU Soon Obsolete

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/...9C2F7B5?page=1

fast moving tech world these days
mkcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I knew M$ was planning on releasing a nexter gen console one of these years but I thought Sony said they were going to ride the PS3 well into 2012 before announcing anything new.

Even better this way though. It's in gamers (and customers in general) best intrest to have strong competition on the market.

Maybe I'll hold off that PS3 purchase a little longer.........but I love MGS
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Well the 360 has been around for a while and longer then the PS3 so a new console soon is pretty much expected.
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Smart move by Sony I think to go along and not wait untill 2012.
The 360's head start is what made gamers look into what it's about and apreciate it (since it was the only next gen system out for awhile). If they both launched at the same time PS3 might have crushed 360 sales just because of the name alone (since everybody was familiar with Sony and there PS1 & 2).
At the end this is better for us either way you look at it be it a fan boy of one or the other, a media freak or just a die hard gamer
Old 03-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

The fact M$ is developing another console is no suprise (i`m sure deep inside sony R&D the PS4 is under developement). But there`s no way I can see it being released until at the earliest late 2010 probably 2011. As for downloading content (HD films & games) from the internet that`s not going to happen for even longer as download speeds aren`t even close to quick enough yet. I know you can download HD films now but they`re no where near the quality you get on a blu-ray disc.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I hear you about the downloading El D. Not to mention there are still countries (yes even in the heart of Europe say like...Belgium) where people still have download limits (12 gig a month) - ridiculous.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
DSET
The Secret Six

360's been out since roughly begining of 2006
XBOX1 launche roughly begining of 2k2
its understandable that the XBOX had a 4 year lifespan because it was a year behind. But they should hold on to the 360 for at least 5 years this time around,
gamecube and ps2 both were around longer than XBOX. Obviously MS can afford to do this but revenue is always the best when youre console's are dirt cheap. I hope MS holds out for the fifth year even then they will have the year ahead on Sony i think they wont launch till late 2012.

4 Years per console isnt smart IMO they are gonna implode there revenue this way, i hope they stay smart and stay around until 2011.

But on the other hand I guess MS can even project wise afford a console every 4 years because XBlive brings in tremendous revenue so I guess in this situation 4 years is more than enough for them.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote