Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #21
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Great art pickups Ken, especially the Layton Huntress! I didn't know he co-created her either, I always think of him as such a Marvel guy.

Finally got around to posting my own art from the con. I pre-ordered an Iron Man from Bob, asking for Tony Stark making some urgent, in-the-midst-of-battle repairs to his helmet. I'm ecstatic with the result, Bob said "I went a bit overboard on this one" and I agree, thanks Bob!

I asked Ian to add Thor to my Avengers jam in his 'Marine Man' style, and it turned out exactly like I had hoped, a real square-jawed old-school cheerful looking Thor!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	555.7 KB
ID:	75149   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1266.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	349.5 KB
ID:	75150  
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #22
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Yeah Woody, I always associated him with Marvel as well so it was a pleasant surprise. I think Bob really surprised me over the weekend, he was just such a great personality. Ian obviously you knew could deliver in terms of art but he seemed to be less chatty and joking around during the event. Your Layton piece was probably the best Iron Man I saw all weekend, granted it was pre-ordered but why not, right? I look forward to seeing the rest of the jam, you've still got quite a few squares to fill!
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:27 AM   #23
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
Yeah Woody, I always associated him with Marvel as well so it was a pleasant surprise. I think Bob really surprised me over the weekend, he was just such a great personality. Ian obviously you knew could deliver in terms of art but he seemed to be less chatty and joking around during the event. Your Layton piece was probably the best Iron Man I saw all weekend, granted it was pre-ordered but why not, right? I look forward to seeing the rest of the jam, you've still got quite a few squares to fill!
Cheers mate! I hope to fill up three or four more squares at Adelaide Supanova next month but I'm not in any huge rush, it's almost more fun filling it up slowly!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote