Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #21
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I like it but again have to say that I really don't like 1/4 scale for huge diorama statues like this. Cost will be really high and this will be an incredible space hog.

I wish statues would have stayed in the 1/6 to 1/8 range, but alas I am in the minority, sadly.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #22
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post
If this does get licensed and made there is no way the licensor will agree to a topless version being made, I just can't see that happening at all.
He's already got the Conan license. Of course, things can change at a moments notice.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I like it but again have to say that I really don't like 1/4 scale for huge diorama statues like this. Cost will be really high and this will be an incredible space hog.

I wish statues would have stayed in the 1/6 to 1/8 range, but alas I am in the minority, sadly.
If it was a Transformers license, then I would agree with you.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
loricstone
Kang

I think this statue will cost about the same as the Medusa did, maybe a little more. Im thinking $599 - $799.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #25
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't get why people believe it'll cost 600$!? You're basically getting 5 1/4 statues in this piece. Expect to pay in excess of 1K which is only fair considering the average price for a 1/4 statue these days in around 350$
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #26
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
This is from ARH's forum. I like the direction. This has the potential to take my money if it does indeed get done!

Impressive so far, but still far from finished! This is a dynamic statue in every sense of the word. This is the kind of statue making I want to see in this hobby.

This is the direct quote from ARH.

When ARH Studios thinks of license, this is the type of work we go for!

We present to you our RED SONJA project. Sculpted by Alex Pereira and to be released at the Comic Con 2013!

We are still depending of licensor approval, so there is a long way to go before you can add this to your collection. So far this is still a WIP project and its completion will depend of a lot of factors, one of them being how well we do selling our 2012 statues, so you can surely contribute to make this happen too by acquiring our products through Sideshow this month of November !!

I wanted to show our fans and collectors that we mean business when it comes to licensed characters! It will be a full 1/4th scale diorama, and yes, it will be massive and expensive!

This has tremendous potential..Probably the most ambitious piece in the history of this industry..Absolutely epic..One of the aspects that definitely needs to be reworked though is Sonja's face..very unnatractive
Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #27
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
This has tremendous potential..Probably the most ambitious piece in the history of this industry..Absolutely epic..One of the aspects that definitely needs to be reworked though is Sonja's face..very unnatractive
Yup, I though she was a vampire at first.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #28
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post

Totally agree. I wish ARH would stick with 1/6 to 1/8 scale also. Space is already at a premium and cost are skyrocketing on these statues. It would still be awesome and massive at 1/6 scale.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #29
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
I don't get why people believe it'll cost 600$!? You're basically getting 5 1/4 statues in this piece. Expect to pay in excess of 1K which is only fair considering the average price for a 1/4 statue these days in around 350$
there's actually 6 figures in the dio. there is one laying flat on the ground.
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix v.2.0 View Post
there's actually 6 figures in the dio. there is one laying flat on the ground.
Brother, with all due respect learn how to count..There are 5 statues in this piece
Definitely this piece should be lowered to 1/5 or 1/6 to make it reasonably affordable in both price and space