Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
MeetThyReaper
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Question Broken F4F Sonic Statue (cracked arm + chipped resin spark)

Hi folks,

So I picked up a F4F Super Sonic statue. It's an EX with a release of about 350 worldwide. I got it for a deal because one of the sparks on the base broke off (the base lights up, which makes it the EX.)

Anyway, I received the piece, but Sonic's arm was cracked in transit. I opened a dispute via PayPal, but the seller wants to know if I want A.) a full refund or B.) a partial refund.

This sucker cost me $425, but I saw a brand new one go for $1200 the other week. I want to ask for a few price quotes:

1.) how much it would cost to repair the arm and hide any sign of damage (just Sonic)

2.) how much for Sonic AND the spark? I tried Model Master window maker, but it looks like the guy attempted using glue and there's a residue. When the spark is lit up, the seam where it broke is darker, as if glue had been applied and dried.

Also, I might as well ask: do I ask for a full refund and send the piece off to insurance collections OR do I ask him for a partial refund (in which case, how much should I ask him?)

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood Reaper

PS: here are pics:

MeetThyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

did you pick it up from ebay?

If so, then I'd ask for a full refund, no questions asked. under buyer protection ebay pay for shipping so no money would be lost on your end.

I would rather spend that bit more on one thats fully intact, then be half-happy with a broken on just at the saving of a couple hundred dollars

Or...you can ask for a partial refund for the amount that a regular costs which is very inexpensive compared to the exclusive, and take what you ned from that to repair your exclusive
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote