Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-04-2015, 05:06 AM   #101
Grifterr
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

As long as they make a Silver Samurai as a companion piece all proposed changes are fine. Might go easy on the dead ninjas though,I do not like corpses on my bases.
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:18 AM   #102
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
why would you need switch out arms? that pose is full on win, switch out portrait and call it a day
Just why not? If you like the other setup you set it up if you dont you don't. If an option is there to have something awesome with a switch out then why not?

I don't know my wolverine that well but if he had bone claws with that brown suit, that'll be my option
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:02 AM   #103
jhauser
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Adamantium Member

this looks cool but not sure it's a must buy yet. Tbh I'd prefer something more along the lines of the Jim Lee art actionjackson83 posted.
jhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:04 PM   #104
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Just why not? If you like the other setup you set it up if you dont you don't. If an option is there to have something awesome with a switch out then why not?

I don't know my wolverine that well but if he had bone claws with that brown suit, that'll be my option
because I would prefer that switch out options don't compromise a great pose / piece. believe it or not its ok for something to be just as it is. I get that people want options, that's all fine and good but to have this attitude "the pose is awesome but I don't see how they can do switch out [arms] so I hope they do something else" seems silly to me. not saying you or anyone else actually said that, just seems to be the attitude towards switch out options sometimes. /rantoff
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #105
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
because I would prefer that switch out options don't compromise a great pose / piece. believe it or not its ok for something to be just as it is. I get that people want options, that's all fine and good but to have this attitude "the pose is awesome but I don't see how they can do switch out [arms] so I hope they do something else" seems silly to me. not saying you or anyone else actually said that, just seems to be the attitude towards switch out options sometimes. /rantoff
I am with you on that one. Switch outs come secondary to the actual pose.
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #106
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Agreed.
Plus, there are always possibilities for switch outs, I don't get why they necessarlily have to be the arms.
Heads are an obvious choice. Unmasked, masked (short ears), masked (long ears). Hell they could probably sneak in, easily, a switch out base. Something simple, plain snowy base with some blood stains.
Switch outs should be thought in function of the pose and concept - not the opposite.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #107
toe
Alpha Flight

I'm skipping on the Brown Wolverine. But any word on an X-Force Wolverine? current version?
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #108
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow! This is awesome, and he is even in a leg up pose! This could end up being THE Wolverine statue, at least as far as the brown costume goes.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:47 PM   #109
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I would rather have a simple base for this version but with a killer iconic pose.
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #110
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:

I know. I get what you're saying and youre right.
I'm saying even though it's awesome as it is, if somehow they can make it better with switchouts, pushing the bar, then why not? If it somehow can be better. Better is always good for me.

And you're TOTALLY right! If it compromises the piece then heck no, leave it as is. Just like the new Hulk PF with the switchouts. They should have stayed with one head only.

But yeh if this was somehow the pose they went with, I wouldn't care for switchouts, i jist put it out there to the universr curious to see if XM can push the limits that's all
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote